ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER] Custom Hammer Map - Township - flopperr999
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER] Custom Hammer Map - Township - flopperr999 Reply with quote Back to top

So two nights ago, I was talking to Skorpion about some new maps. I was thinking about a new map to build, so I asked Skorp for some advice. He said to just start building whatever you can come up with. "Let your hands and eyes do the work for you, not your mind." He said. I did exactly that. Here's what I came up with. I'd really like to thank Kode-Z for fixing the clipping file up a bit, as well as making the text and image mods, as well as fixing a start point bug. Thanks Kode-Z!!!

Here's a link to the patch and the mupen.ini file so the proper name shows up on the ROM list:

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/files/multi/Township%5BFlopperr999%5D/township%5Bflopperr999%5D.zip

Enjoy!! Very Happy

Thanks a lot for making this a sticky, Kode-Z Very Happy

Last edited by flopperr999 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:13 pm; edited 13 times in total

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love this kind of levels, with many buildings you can enter and shoot out from inside, and even beter, from building to building... Very Happy Great for long range explosives.

Way to go flopper.

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
I love this kind of levels, with many buildings you can enter and shoot out from inside, and even beter, from building to building... Very Happy Great for long range explosives.

Way to go flopper.

That's exactly what I wanted to come from this map. I had COD maps in mind the whole time. The All Rockets weapon set in this map will be a blast! (I'm planning to get make a normal weapon set and NGPA weapon set patch released, if I can get permission to get the NGPA weapon set.)

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ummm,
What is NGPA here?? because I innocently searched it from my addressbar and this showed up in my screen.
http://www.ngpa.org/ Confused

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
ummm,
What is NGPA here?? because I innocently searched it from my addressbar and this showed up in my screen.
http://www.ngpa.org/ Confused

woww...That's funny that that showed up. The NGPA stands for the National Goldeneye Players Association. Its a league of online Goldeneye players that participate in Online GE tournaments. It's run by GE Master and (newly appointed) Commandant. It's easy to join if your interested, you can join the NGPA here: http://goldeneyeonline.com/goldeneye_xbla_n64.php

Don't forget to send your email in addition to your sign-up sheet!

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That makes much more sense, thanks xD

I'll join when I have a capable computer, because now even offline I can't properly emulate GE, its tooo damn slow and choppy.
Although I wonder how well an online game of GE could go across the Atlantic, since I live in Spain.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That looks quite interesting, Flopper.
Seems like there is a lot of area and versatility behind it.
Hope to see where this ends up. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:

Although I wonder how well an online game of GE could go across the Atlantic, since I live in Spain.

Believe it or not, the other day Commandant and myself played a virtually lagless game online by using P2P (peer to peer)! It was awesome!

Reguarding the map, as far as clipping goes, nothing's changed. There are still a few errors here and there. As I said in an earlier post in this thread, can someone PM me to set up a time and date to meet at the live chat and explain how to modify clipping triangle points? I know it's with the tile dialog, but I need a bit more than that...

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

flopperr999 wrote:
There are still a few errors here and there. As I said in an earlier post in this thread, can someone PM me to set up a time and date to meet at the live chat and explain how to modify clipping triangle points? I know it's with the tile dialog, but I need a bit more than that...

I'm not an expert, but I can try and help. If you want to flopperr, you can send me the files and I can try and sort out the clipping for you. Very Happy

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kode-Z wrote:
flopperr999 wrote:
There are still a few errors here and there. As I said in an earlier post in this thread, can someone PM me to set up a time and date to meet at the live chat and explain how to modify clipping triangle points? I know it's with the tile dialog, but I need a bit more than that...

I'm not an expert, but I can try and help. If you want to flopperr, you can send me the files and I can try and sort out the clipping for you. Very Happy

Excellent!! I'll write up a PM, as well as the locations of the errors I could find.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I can get the clipping done for you by Friday, flopperr. I have just done one of the bad clipping areas in Township, which didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Looks like a great map! Seeing it is one thing, playing in it is another! Very Happy

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kode-Z wrote:
I think I can get the clipping done for you by Friday, flopperr. I have just done one of the bad clipping areas in Township, which didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Looks like a great map! Seeing it is one thing, playing in it is another! Very Happy

heh, thanks!!

Friday sounds excellent! Thanks again!!

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Regarding clipping adjustments, once you know what you are doing with the tiles, it becomes second nature. Essentially, you make notes of X,Y and Z co-ordinates of existing tile points and use them as a guide to place a new tile correctly, if that makes any sense!

I've only just got used to the Tile Dialog, so I am still getting my head around it. It's not as scary as it looks! Very Happy

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Clipping is done!

Expect it in a few minutes, flopperr!

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy

Just played a few test matches with Commandant. over 200 ping in p2p mode!!

The first runthrough DS'd after about 5 kills. The next two matches DS'd in a few seconds. But then the fourth match didn't DS at all Very Happy

The game where it didn't DS at all (the last match) was on Mupen 0.7.9. The rest was on Mupen++ 0.1.3.12 Beta. I suspect it DS'd the times that it did because it's an Unknown Dump rom, and it doesn't have an .ini yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: