ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Work in Progress] Janus Research Center (Hammer)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: [Work in Progress] Janus Research Center (Hammer) Reply with quote Back to top

This is my Hammer level so far:

Note this is the only major room of the level so far, the other parts are simply unfinished hallways.

Also, I have a couple questions.

See the lights on the ceiling? As of now they behave like a wall and can't be shot out. How can you make them possible to shoot out?

I also know the textures look bad (the wall texture I used turned greenish after converting it to 8-bit). How do I remedy that?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like it and I'm really glad you got a picture in-game! I honestly don't know how to let lights be shot out, I'm guessing its part of the drawing commands (and is not supported by editor). Unfortunately we're out of luck I guess, but I can't remember the last time I shot out a light. If Zoinkity knows how maybe I can add it to editor, but not sure it's easy.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To fix the textures is kind of tedious but can be done. What you have to do is use the Visual editor to open up the IMAGE TOOLS. Find each individual image in there and jot down its preset. Then open up your TexturesMultiAddNumbers text file (created by the editor in your main hammer directory) and change the presets (they are probably in chronological order, each one bigger than the last) to the ones from the image tools.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That doesn't work. I get "error converting bitmap" and "couldn't find texture".

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The second time you convert, there's an option like "And already added bitmaps", so you pick that with the text file dragonstbrethren referred to. You need to first though do it the way you originally do.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Problem solved! The textures are no longer in that ugly 8-bit! Very Happy

But another texture-based problem has appeared....

How do I fix those messed up floor/ceiling textures?

Note that this glitch only occurs in this room.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For the record I can't wait for this level! Reminds me of facility, but with a cool upper section. Anyways, I think that's just how GoldenEye renders, I remember seeing that in levels. Anyone else think it's just that?

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've fixed that room's textures by simply moving it over. Btw, I'm planning to make that room a bathroom. So, how do you make toilets, urinals, and sinks?

Also, the lights can now be shot out! It is something "hardcoded" into a few light textures, but not the one I was using.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All the toilets/sinks were part of the levels, so you'd have had to have it as part of your level. There is a way to convert objects actually, so you could technically model and a toilet, convert to object, set 21990 the #images to 0, replace the Psevconsolea with yours, but it's not been tested in a long time.

DELETED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
For the record I can't wait for this level! Reminds me of facility, but with a cool upper section. Anyways, I think that's just how GoldenEye renders, I remember seeing that in levels. Anyone else think it's just that?

Well, it depends on what we are talking about here.

If you are talking about the moire patterns that we can see there... it's unavoidable unless you activate antialiasing and other graphic improvement techniques. They are produced, in this case, due to that tile texture being compressed in a way that divisory lines between tiles appear packed too tightly when seen from that angle. This causes screen resolution not being enough to reach the nyquist frecuency required to sample the picture satisfactorily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliasing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moir%C3%A9_pattern
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_frequency

Anyway, I think what GERage is asking is not about rendering, but probably why that texture gets compressed transversally there.
If you look between Bond's hand and the ammo counter in that second picture, you can spot a small portion of floor that it showing correctly because it has not been compressed. I guess he's having an issue somewhere in the process of bringing his model into goldeneye that causes incorrecly converts that part.

And nice level.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I am definitely having that issue when importing into Goldeneye. In Hammer and Crafty the textures appear normally, but in the GE Editor and in-game they look compressed. Even moving the room over didn't fix it, now the problem occurs on one of the walls. Confused How do I solve this?

Oh yeah, I added a few sinks and urinals into that room. Still have to make toilets, though....

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know this is a double post, but I'm having annoying graphical issues right now. They occur when importing into GE, if that helps.

Ugh, more stupid, compressed textures! Evil or Very Mad They are compressing in triangle/rectangle shapes meaning they are tris. Unfortunately, I can never figure out why some sections get compressed and others don't.

These are the toilets, but with weird seats. That texture isn't scaled properly even though it appears to be in Hammer and Crafty.

Yeah, I'll need more help in correcting these. *sigh*

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm loving the square toilets. It must be some kind of weird difference in how they do texture coords and how I do it. Anything weird with those sections? Have you tried doubling or halfing the messed up texture coords accordingly in hammer and seeing if it helps?

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Square toilets? Nice, man.

If your not really liking the square toilets....

https://www.the3dstudio.com/custom.aspx

These are custom model designers. They'll give you anyhting you want (for a small fee) in any format with any quality textures. It's all up to you Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: