ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

I'm finally building a new computer
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: I'm finally building a new computer Reply with quote Back to top

As much as a I hate to get rid of my 6-year old computer (AMD Athlon 1600, 384 mb of PC1800 ram, Radeon 9000 video card) because its been SO reliable, I think the time has finally come to move on and build something better.

So I'll be building a computer into this case....

Gonna put the following in it:
-AMD Athlon X2 4850e 2.5GHz Socket AM2 45W Dual-Core Processor (the fastest 45 watt processor you can get)
-Kingston HyperX 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
-Foxconn A78AX-S AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
-Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive
-ATI Radeon x800 xl PCI-E video card

Total cost is $389 shipped.

I will also keep the dvd burner out of my old computer and install Windows 2000 (I had to be careful to buy Windows-2000 compatible components - the x800 is one of the newest video cards still supported by this OS).

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm revising "my" forums and saw you had no replies in this thread of yours, so here's one Very Happy

so, how did that computer turn out?

I'm such a bad mod, resurrecting 2 year old posts... xD LOL

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

[borat impersonation]"Naughty, naughty..."[/borat] Razz

Not sure if BMW ever got this computer setup. Last one I remember seeing him with was the customized NES. Perhaps that was just for fun, whereas the one featured in this thread was his actual personal PC.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That wud be one heck of a cool pc BMW.

Off topic

That computer looks a lot like a microwave to me.

Im not kidding on the left it looks like a vent for steem. And on the rite it looks like a door for the food. And if you replase the buttems and plugs to numbers it wud look a lot like a microwave yet much smaller thu. Smile

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

heh, it does look a bit like a microwave oven now that you mention xD

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe if you take out the cooling fans, it'll actually be able to cook something? Laughing

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look's like a Microwave! XDD

*Prepares natchos* *Tries to insert into DVR* Hehehe

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Maybe if you take out the cooling fans, it'll actually be able to cook something?

Lol Laughing

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mine would, for sure Neutral

@ac67 it's "nachos" without T Wink

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh.. fail Smile

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
oh.. fail

What do you mean fail?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I clumsily spelled "Nachos" wrong

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh lol

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh somehow I totally missed the follow up responses to this thread.

Anyways, yes, that setup right there is my home pc now. Been using it daily, it does everything I need it to do and then some.

Though reading through the specs, I see I used a few slightly different components - a BE-2300 45w dual core processor (its almost as fast as the 4850) and only 512mb of ram. I'm pretty sure I have yet to exceed that amount of ram, believe it or not. Still running windows 2000 as well.

I do love this case and the power supply that came with it, runs super quiet.

I expect this PC to be my main PC, without any further upgrades, for at least another 5 years.

I am, however, starting to become concerned as to just how much longer my 24" CRT monitor is going to hold up - its probably left on 18 hours per day and I think I've had it for about 3 years - now when I turn it on it likes to through out bright pink flashes for the first 30 seconds or so that its on, and also it will randomly get blurry, I have to turn it off then back on to get it to sharpen back up. I'll be really sad when this thing finally bites the dust, there really is no other monitor like it.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:

I am, however, starting to become concerned as to just how much longer my 24" CRT monitor is going to hold up - its probably left on 18 hours per day and I think I've had it for about 3 years - now when I turn it on it likes to through out bright pink flashes for the first 30 seconds or so that its on, and also it will randomly get blurry, I have to turn it off then back on to get it to sharpen back up. I'll be really sad when this thing finally bites the dust, there really is no other monitor like it.

Hmm, thats a shame. Still good to hear that that computer is holding up for you Smile And it isn't late to switch to LCD/LED. ^^.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: