ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Setting up controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Setting up controller Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I calibrated my controller right and have not removed the adaptor, then when I go to set up the controls, I can't get it to register that the joystick is moving down or right for the motions down or right. I set up A, B, start, ect. but I can't get down or right to work? Why is this???

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That has me stumped. Try re-calibrating the joystick? Let me know what plugin version you are using also.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm intresting, a few things I could think of, 1. the adapter is crap, 2. the control doesn't work properly, 3. The joystick is overly warn down. Try using another controller if you have one. It's probly the controller if all the other buttons you were able to set up.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Donno i'll try using another controller. I set up A B the C's L and R the direction pad Z and up and left of the analog stick but it won't register analog down or analog right no matter were I try to set it. I've tried just getting it to register joystick down or right but it will not anywere I try it. O yea im using Jabo's3D 8 1. 6 w/ project 64 (the new version of project 64). It won't let me load rice's on project 64 it will on 1964 however but the graphics suck. On that it wont register any button movments.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Joysticks of any kind have problems. Try different input plugins as well as trying to use the controller in another game that would normally recognize joystick axis. Updated drivers or configuration may be needed.

wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got the controller set up now everything works except the joystick. I changed the deadzone so I was able to set it up but now it won't let me move. Even by going back to the default keyboard settings and putting device as none, I still can't move.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yo Wuldnt try using Def's Direct Input 0.54, just google it, it should work. Thats what I use, give it a try.

wuldntyoulik2no
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It worked!Very Happy I was able to enter all the controls and use them. Thanks ptb!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ptb you get the gold star! good job dood.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh thaught it wuld (lol). I had the problem with setting up the buttons. I found that plug in and it worked!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: