ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Having aimer onscreen at all times
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think polls are unneccsary but still draw extra page views?
Yes sir
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
No sir
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

JusteBelmont86
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Having aimer onscreen at all times Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

I was wondering if there was a gameshark code floating around that allowed the aimer to be unscreen, but not neccesairly active at the same time, i.e, the aim icon would be onscreen but the aim button would not be depressed nor the character motion obstructed. What a sentence. Basically, I set up my controls so I could move with 2 analog sticks (Using 1.2 control) so I can move and aim. However, with auto aim off, it's really hard to aim without some sort of aimer on screen. This code would change my life. Thanks for any help.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck? Say Wreck?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The boys on the GoldenEye Source forum would have a field day with this one. A center of the screen crosshair at all times. It's probably very possible, yes. I'm not sure if it has been done before. You could always take a piece of paper, cut it out like the aimer, paint it red, then stick it to your television. That way you wouldn't even have to use a cheating device. Surprised

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you trying to bump up your post count WrecK?

JusteBelmont86
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I mean, yeah, I guess I could tape something to my TV, but that kind of nullifies the whole use of it in multiplayer, as there are too many variables:

i. number of players/number of taped aimers
ii. exact positioning of aimers every time
iii. size of aimer (would change? based on # of players)
iv. what screen is used for x amount of players (I emulate goldeneye(I own the cart) and sometimes when I play say 2 player, I have one player play on the monitor and another on my tv, accessed through s-video. I do this through a vertical span at 640x960 at 85hz)

So, not that I was trying to bury your post, Wreck, as I see I hit one of the men I was looking for help from. It would seem that no such code is floating around...would it be possible for you to create, as (yet another on a infinite list) a favor to the goldeneye community? I mean, the on screen aimer would make my ultimate bond setup complete....

Thanks.

Ultimate Goldeneye setup:
2 players
1 on 19' CRT, one on 27' JVC NTSC Round TV
11.1 Simulated Surround Sound
Facility Backzone w/ windows, doors, etc.
2 stick goldeneye controls, 1 for movement, one for looking
Exotics weapon set
Auto Aim OFF

Please?

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try using that aimer at the top of the forum!

Darn GE, couldn't it have lead SOMEwhere special...

I joke of course.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know what you mean, Juste. I just threw that out there because it's what the GoldenEye Source guys would say. Then they'd get made because it gave those players an unfair advantage. Give someone an idea and yell at them for following through? Strange logic. Rolling Eyes

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: re: onscreen crosshair Reply with quote Back to top

I think its a great idea, however, I don't think it would be possible to do exactly what you want to do. It sounds to me like you want to be able to move the aimer AND move your character at the same time, however, when aim is active your character cannot move. Just doesn't sound to me like something that would be possible.

JusteBelmont86
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, I don't even want to take it that far. All I want is for the aim icon to be onscreen, I don't want to have analog (in my case, left analog) aim control. I know that having the aimer on regularly prohibits movement, which is my major dilemma. I have my controls set up so you can look with the right analog stick, not neccessarily aim like you would with conventional control, but look around a la the c buttons. I'm asking if it's somehow possible to program it so that the aimer would be seperated from the aim function, and just presented as an image on the screen, stripped of it's aim use. That way, I could "look" around with the c butons/ right stick, and still be able to move.

Wreck, I can see where people would complain of advantages given, but I have no intention of using this code online and/or using it over other players I play. Anyone who uses gs to his advantage in Goldeneye is nothing but a stupid bed wetting doody head anyway.

Thanks, I didn't mean for my last post to be taken the wrong way. I was attempting to counter sarcasm with.....super sarcasm.

-JT

TS_Death_Angel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could retexture part of the HUD and move it to the center of the screen... Smile

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I got to messing around with something like this, and Found out something interesting.

I was trying to do a CrossHair location modifier, and found out that on the mission select screen, it doesn't actually matter where the crosshair is, theres like a second, invisible thing that selects the stages. I had a gs cheat that I hacked that forced the crosshair to stay in the very left of the screen and only move up and down, yet I was able to still select levels like normal.

If you guys want, I can post them up and it might give you a starting point for it.

Edit: something I forgot, but it only keeps it in the far left of the screen, and only allows vertical movement of the crosshair.

Last edited by Kastro187420 on Tue May 23, 2006 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, post that Kastro! That's pretty interesting that it's possible to select the stages with the crosshair dead like that. With a bit more research, it may be possible to get this thread's objective, especially if the aimer doesn't do the aiming, lol.

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok well I forgot that it wasn't an actual cheat, but im sure someone can make it one:

Heres the memory addresses -

80096FE9 009
80096FED 001
800AAFE9 009
800AAFED 001
802C3651 009
802C3655 001

The last 2 addresses go up to 251 I think. But I think if you input that how it is, it should force the crosshairs to remain in the left of the screen at the mission select menu. I don't know if it works in the other menus though, didn't think to try it.

On another note, I tried doing something similar in the Dam, and came up with this, it doesn't do anything from what I can tell though.

800D3087 001
800D3393 002
800D3F5A 204
800D3F6E 153
800F8E8C 255
800F8E8D 255
800F8ECC 255
800F8ECD 255

Anyway, hopefully this helps with getting there.

By the way, probably been done, but umm...

800d2fff 000 = crouch
800d2fff 001 = half stand
800d2fff 002 = full stand

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A little update that I just found out about:

if you take the codes

80096FE9 009
80096FED 001

and only use those, then you can see the cursor that holds still, AND an additional cursor that selects everything.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:34 am    Post subject: Geesh people....do I have to hold up a SIGN? LOL Reply with quote Back to top

Geesh people....do I have to hold up a SIGN? LOL

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=407

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: