ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

EDITOR REQUEST - brighten rooms function

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: EDITOR REQUEST - brighten rooms function Reply with quote Back to top

Hey subdrag, I have a request. I'm trying to brighten up the jungle level, but with the wide variance in colors used on each triangle, this is quite a tedious project.

My request is this - an option on the OPEN VERTICIE COLOR MENU (a separate button on this box) which opens up another box that allows you to incrementally brighten (or darken) an entire room.

You would have a red, blue, and green adjustment, ranging from -255 to +255.

So for example, I would enter the following:
red +60
green +60
blue +60

This would add 60 to the red value, 60 to the blue value, and 60 to the blue value for each and every verticie in the whole room.

Also, if one verticie looked like this:
red 240
green 240
blue 240

And I add +60, this would exceed 255, so by default, anything that exceeds 255 you would have to have the editor just set it to 255. Same goes for darkening if the value is <0

This feature would make lighting easier to do, both modifying original levels as well as creating hammer levels.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be nice for quickly adjusting custom Hammer maps. Since everything is auto-set to be full colour, having a function that could effect every vertice at one time by personally entered values, would be very handy. Even if just modestly darkening it as a whole, then going in and modifying certain parts individually.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, this feature would be great for Hammer maps, it would save a lot of time, especially when working with large rooms.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll see what I can do this weekend.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have added this feature but I think in a better way. Grab the beta. Press Control-H to hold rooms from moving. Click a room. Now press and hold M to increase the brightness by one. Control M decreases brightness.

Enjoy Smile Great idea btw. It works beautifully from what I can tell. The advantage the way I did it is you can see it live!

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW! Thanks SubDrag!

My daytime Statue mission is now possible thanks to this new feature! Thanks bmw for suggesting it, too! Very Happy

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to work fine. Thanks for the addition.

I hope to have a beta version of my jungle mp map done fairly soon. I will eventually be releasing an update to my mp pak, including train, aztec midzone, and jungle.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I realized I only did it for the first room selected. If you regrab it, it works for any number of selected rooms. Not sure how useful that is though, maybe for daytime statue.

It is fun to at least see. Careful clicking when you do it since in Cntl-H mode you lost the highlighting of yellow rooms.

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thats cool how do you do that

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3AEgStKvE

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Skorpion wrote:

Also, how about my suggestion? Regarding the outlining objects and also resizing only one side of an object? Would this be possible?

Unfortunately you're going to have to live with how it works now. It definitely can do what you need. It's not easy and a big change in methodology.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: