ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

DELETED
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: Controller broken, no online indefinitely Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why not kb/m? I have no problem with playing GE in a way it wasn't "meant" to be played Razz I mean playing PD levels and new missions wasn't meant for it either, or even playing it on PC online with such better graphics. But anyways I used to use a PS1 dual shock (best analogs) before i converted to kb/m. Now it's just cuz I don't have a gamepad

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Controller broken, no online indefinitely Reply with quote Back to top

Skorpion wrote:
Not doing that again Wink

I would think so! Teh keyboard suxzorz! Sad

How could you possibly go through 3 controllers? Were they third party or something?

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you guys tried kb/m with DarkMan's input plugin? Because it is top notch, I believe its better than kb/m in N-Rage's.

DELETED

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

The Extremist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ I guess that makes sense. I'm still using my console's original controller (got it around 1999/2000), with only one stick replacement needed, but I don't play very often, and when I do, it's usually slower-paced games, like my one currently in progress, Donkey Kong 64.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

r.e.l. 237 wrote:
Have you guys tried kb/m with DarkMan's input plugin? Because it is top notch, I believe its better than kb/m in N-Rage's.

Got a link? I've been wanting to try playing with the keyboard and mouse online but N-Rage's doesn't lock the mouse in the window for me, nor does it hide the cursor in fullscreen mode.

Edit: I found 4.0b, is that the newest version? If so this is definitely inferior to N-Rage's for one reason: It doesn't support macros! I can't make the mouse wheel go to a previous weapon or make clicking it detonate my remote mines for me. I can't make a toggle button to switch between normal and inverted mouse (for switching between menus and gameplay, there's no inverted mouse setting for multi). I'll get killed in multi trying to work with these settings! It has the exact same problem with not hiding the mouse cursor, the cursor would be fine if it could be used as a crosshair but it can't, so it's just annoying. I do like that it has a default Goldeneye profile.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Skorpion wrote:
Oh so that's how you detonate remote mines so damn fast that its faster than the AB method. I used the mouse wheel for the Z button.

Mmm. Sneaky sneaky mister dragon.

Only two problems with your reasoning:

1. I don't use mouse and keyboard online for the aforementioned reasons.

2. It is A+B, I just map it to a single button on my mouse because A is mapped to my mouse wheel scrolling down and B is mapped to my E key.

When I play with my controller I don't even bother with macros, it's easier to just play the game with the default input.

DELETED

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DELETED

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well for inverting the mouse I think all you have to do is select invert the vertical look and targeting, but yeah it doesn't use macros though I just switch weapons with middle mouse button

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get it... sry, but what is wrong?
Keyboard + mouse is funny, but not fair against your friends.

I use (in single player) these (sry, in PD, but GE works also)
1 mouse button is SHOOT (Z)
middle mouse button is SECONDARY SHOOT (B+Z)
2 mouse button is AIM (R)
mouse wheel up is WEAPON CHANGE BACK (A+Z)
mouse wheel down is WEAPON CHANGE FORWARD (A)

W, A, S, D is for movement (in 1.2 control style, like in turok)
aiming is in the mouse
F is for the USE (B), like in many computer games

easy!

Question Question Question Question Question
Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol, you can lock your Mouse in window mode, only i didn't know before.
and I have very good KeyBoard/Mouse Controls. I use N-Rage (where im very used to it) on Mupen64k 0.7.9 I use DarkMan on Mupen Beta. need to learn control DarkMan fully.

Printscreens:
http://rapidshare.com/files/158779330/My_Keyboard_Mouse_Controls.jpg.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/158779571/Nrage_Shortcuts.jpg.html

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/speedruntrainer

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedruntrainer/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedruntrainer

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I use the same settings as fantsu with N-Rage's plugin, except I have my middle button mapped to A+B and both E and R mapped to B since I instinctively hit R to reload instead of E.

speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey, whats your msn, DB? I want to play online Very Happy

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/speedruntrainer

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedruntrainer/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedruntrainer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: