GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Revolution in Nintendo Emulation?...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like Revolution is the last hope to keep things going here. But if we can play it on Revolution, we can probably hack it and it would be huge again, especially if we can play online. Think of all of the people that would play it. It was the third-highest N64 seller, behind Mario 64 and Mario Kart. If it could be played online with better graphics and framerate, all of the people that bought it before would start playing it again, and it could even be bigger than Halo 2 (well I hope)

nickster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doods if you have a decent system you can run Goldeneye on your PC at insane resolutions and it looks fantastic.

I've seen some mockups of the Revolution's back catalog store and you'll be able to purchase or rent games right on the console. No price points have been set yet, but Nintendo should really consider keeping them low if not free. Just think how much Nintendo would make in hardware sales if they offered the back catalog for free. Of course that's just a pipe dream since there is money to made from selling the games seperately.

I really want to see Nintendo incorporate some sort of online play for all the older games on the Revolution. Goldeneye's multiplayer could be enhanced so people could play without the split screens. If they did that I'm sure it would become wildly popular and eventually lead to some sort of map editor. Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, Nickster!
Nice to see you on the board. Smile

I'm honestly not keeping my hopes too high for this. All I'm really looking forward to is getting hacked ROMs to load. That way, we'll be able to play GoldenEye on a console with new multiplayer maps. I know how to put together a stage setup file, so that's not a problem. It's getting it to emulate on the Revolution that might be.

nickster
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/316

Some more good news for Nintendo. The Revolution is gaining a lot of support among developers and fans alike.

"In regards to Revolution's horsepower, many developers were finding it to be quite sufficient, also saying that the uniqueness of the controller made up for any lower amount of raw power."

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"On a final note, most studios working on Revolution titles think the console could retail under $200 US, possibly as low as $150."

A next-gen system for less than two hundred bucks USD?
Well, I knew I'd be getting one, but this makes it all the more sweet. Very Happy

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
"On a final note, most studios working on Revolution titles think the console could retail under $200 US, possibly as low as $150."

A next-gen system for less than two hundred bucks USD?
Well, I knew I'd be getting one, but this makes it all the more sweet. Very Happy

Wow, that would be cool spending 200$ on a console. After spending nearly 600$(including games and separate accesories) on my 360, it would be a dream come true seeing a console with a price so low.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: