ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Our latest 2 player EMULATOR GoldenEye session!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Our latest 2 player EMULATOR GoldenEye session! Reply with quote Back to top

I used the PC and lined out video to my TV. So, TV side of things, the clarity in the levels is basically incredible, you can see clearly across the Temple for example. We played single screen. My buddy my just amazed at the PC quality. Shocked really he was.

Framerate? Virtually flawless, with the exception of the occasion when we are both switching weapons. We were playing 2 players so it's very hard to know. We need 3 players min to really test framerate. Thing is, I had the AA and setting fully jacked up. I could back up the eye candy for even better performance.

We played a lot of levels. Cradle, Temple, Complex, Caves, The Quad, etc. Caves needed a brightness adjustment.

I'll keep you guys posted as we play some more. We want to check out the Archives BackZone for sure because on console 2 players, the framerate was a bit sketchy even.

I've got networked computers here so a LAN is next for us. Both playing on single screen with beautiful graphics. I believe it can be done quite easily and no glitchy gameplay with the networking and desynching.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Over LAN, there should not be any de-synching problems at all. Simply run a local Kaillera server and connect to it's local IP.

Awesome, very good idea running on emulator and running to the TV. You get much higher quality since the TV resolution is extremely low, thus the computer renders it much better and at a higher resolution than the N64 ever did. So when it comes back to the TV, it looks awesome.

Ultimate Goldeneye Setup:
Server over LAN.
Four good PCs with video out.
Four good TVs.
Four N64 controllers hooked up to the PCs.
And of course playing hacked-out maps, Very Happy .

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good call on the setup. We are close to that here. Four decent TV's. What we did one time, way back, was to use the emulator and lineout the PC to a VCR. Essentially the PC became the console, so we split the signal from the VCR with a standard cable splitter. The essential part though, was having enough cable extensions and usb adapters for the PC. I have four at this point so there is no reason we should get at this again.

Thanks for the tip on running this via LAN. I don't know a lot about Kaillera, so what you said helps me. Perhaps next week we will set up that LAN and giver a go.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you get a chance to try out the Archs bz, make sure to let us know how well the frames held up. Even with 2-Players you can feel the slowdown. Actually, if you play through the mission emptied out, you'll notice a brief decrease in speed when entering into the main shelving areas on either floor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: