ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER] Goldeneye CS PATCH [FINISHED]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I finally got to play through most of the levels and I think I may have ran into a stray clipping issue or two - can't remember where.

Something else caught my attention too - a few of the levels have the "see through wall" when you're standing too close to it glitch. I took a look into the 21990 table and I see that the visibility values were never tweaked - what needs to be changed to easily fix this is to set all your visibilities to 1.0 (some by default are 0.2 or 0.5, that causes problems). You can actually go as low as 0.7 and still fix the problem.

Otherwise, there were 3 or 4 levels in there that are just awesome for multiplayer play!

monkeyface

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, I noticed that too. Hmm, but I thought I fixed it. Obviously not. Okay, played it now. Damn, that's a major problem really. I wonder if I could upload the whole project so that others can modify it, I'm afraid to touch it, think I might destroy it. What files should you upload exactly, so others can work with it? Not saying that someone will fix this problem, but it'd feel like a security to know there's a working backup somewhere.

The see through walls are common for me, now I know the reason. Hah, thank you.

Also, thank you both for the kind words and bug reporting.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The three most important files for each map would be...

Background File
Clipping File
Setup File

Your original .rmf's and .bsp's and the like aren't necessary, unless people want to modify the maps themselves. To fix clipping issues, you'd need the background and clipping files. Using Project Mode (with the patched ROM assigned to the project), we could load them up in the Visual Editor and tweak them. It'd also allow others to create missions out of the Counter-Strike maps you've ported. I know atleast one level would be really interesting in a solo setting.

I'd just put those three files into separate folders for each stage, zip it all up, upload it someplace, and see if anyone wants to touch up any remaining clipping problems. I'd think Kode-Z or BMW would be up to the task, if they have spare time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

InsouciantSoul
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone been able to get this patch running on Everdrive64?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Embarassed jokes

Last edited by mistamontiel on Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

speedruntrainer wrote:
I LOVE IT!!! Very Happy
But 1 thing:

*HUGE BUG FOUND*!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_30594husA

SADLY GoldenEye is in itself a BUG lol The game has all kinds of clipping glitches and other things That's why hacking levels has had more issues loading because of coding, texturing, etc Crying or Very sad

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not one to bump aging topics, but I did want to post that I tried this out on console and it did indeed crash after the certification screen. The issue was with the custom logos Monkeyface created. While they work no problem via emulation, the real hardware couldn't handle it. I've managed to correct the first logo, and have the second one working well enough to let the game actually start up. If you skip the barrel walk sequence, the GoldenEye CS Pack title displays. However, if you sit and watch the sequence, you just get a black screen until the cast roll begins. I might see if SubDrag has better luck with the second logo when he has a bit of free time.

Also, I've updated the textures to have their own hit types. They were all set to default in the original release, but will now use more appropriate sounds when bullets collide into them.

Finally, each stage will load a random song. A few were using mission ID levels that always play a specific tune. Those IDs were changed in order to get randomization going for all maps.

I'll probably take a bit more time looking into this patch for anything else that could use a quick tweak. If you know of anything, please post it on here so I can take a look.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The updated patch is now available at the GE Vault site...
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=128

I also fixed a clipping error in the level "Glock" that prevented players from using the wider ramp. You should be able to scale up and down it without any issues.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah this is great, I forgot there was issues with patch not loading on console, thanx for fixing it up wreck.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The updated CS rom is not working on 64drive ..

When it gets to intro my N64 completely hangs, cannot even Reset, have to power

I was hoping to see this on the real thing Neutral

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can you try again? I reuploaded the patch. Use updated11 version. Maybe it's fixed now. Aim loaded for me at least.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

She now works like a charm captain Smile The new intro logos and all

Let's see the BK map pack run on the flashcarts.. hopeful

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The BK patch doesn't run on console, either? Hmmm... Have to take a look at that one soon. Thanks for confirming the updated CS patch is working. Smile

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been testing out this pack and it seems that 2 maps still crash on everdrive, poolday and 2forts crash on console. Hopefully sometime that could be fixed Smile

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you use more than two controllers ? 2forts was working although barely and poolday crashed on me too ={

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: