ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MISSION] Aztec Complex Part II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: [MISSION] Aztec Complex Part II Reply with quote Back to top

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time. I had hoped to have it out in time for Christmas, but I held it back to fix a few bugs and spice up a few action blocks.

Download
Readme

I hope you guys enjoy this one, it'll probably be my last for a while.

Last edited by Dragonsbrethren on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

DarkKnightmare
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

looks sweet ill have fun playing it if its compatible with my ips patcher

TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome Mission going to download now Very Happy

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3AEgStKvE

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great!
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=136

I'll try it when I return from the holidays.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, proof that nothing is ever bug free:

Yep, I'm in the fridge with the gas vials. To get in you need to crouch down and walk through the bottom half, then you can stand up once you're in. Due to the way safes work you can't get the vials without opening the door anyway, so this serves no practical purpose.

---

Unrelated, I wrote a walkthrough for this mission on the wiki but I never bothered to link to it in this thread:

http://goldeneye.wikia.com/wiki/Aztec_Complex_(Dragonsbrethren)_Walkthrough

(The url tag chokes on the parenthesis, copy and paste that)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you have a chance to look into why you can sneak into the lab fridge? It'd seem as though the fridge body has no collisions, but the table 'shelves' do. That'd explain why you can duck under the 'shelf' and get inside. But are you going through the door, as well? I didn't thoroughly test my original fridge to see if there were any exploits like that. Perhaps we set them up using different flags for each object.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I figured the lack of collisions was the problem. If you recall, in one of the PM's I sent you about this I said I was having trouble with the safe body ending up on top of the table. Turning collisions off for the body stopped that from happening. You can't walk through the door, and your fridge probably wasn't affected by it because you had another table near the bottom (provided you used the same flags on everything as I did). Had I found this before I released it I would've stuck an invisible crate in there to block it off, but it's not worth doing another release for such a small issue.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure my safe body had collisions, but all the contents inside didn't. The main difference in our two scenarios is that you had items you needed to collect out of it and I didn't. If I forced collisions on any procurable objects, they'd probably end up ontop of the fridge. I'm not sure if you can set the In Air flag and have it remain inside properly with collisions turned on. But you need to have collisions for the item to be collectible, anyway. That might make my method unusable, though I'd need to run some tests to be certain.

An invisible crate would do the trick, but like you said, it's a small detail to worry over now that it's been released. If anything else is spotted and needs your attention, that fridge issue could easily be corrected.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, that's not Bond sleeping on the job... Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: