ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

June 10th - Midwest Goldeneye Tournament @ Game Junkie Cincy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sav2880
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 6:45 am    Post subject: June 10th - Midwest Goldeneye Tournament @ Game Junkie Cincy Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! Scooter here, just wanted to get the word out to everyone who is still fans of this great N64 game that Game Junkie will be holding a 64-Bit game tournament featuring Goldeneye 007! Here are the quick details:

Date: June 10th, 2006 - Event begins at Noon, Goldeneye 007 will begin around 3 PM

Location: Game Junkie - The Midwest's Largest Video Game Community, located at 7132 Cincinnati-Dayton Road, West Chester, Ohio 45069

Entry is $5 just for GoldenEye, and $12 if you want to participate in all three events (Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros. and GoldenEye)

There will be door prizes that anyone can win and prizes for the top players in all of the games. There's a couple of ways to sign up:

* Call the store @ 513-777-5740 and pay by phone
* Come in the day of the event ($1 extra)
* Sign up online for all three events at http://www.gamejunkie.com/tournaments/64bit/

If you have any questions regarding the tournament, call the store at the above number or e-mail stephenc@gamejunkie.com

Hopefully there is a good core of people interested in this game in the Midwest, I'd love to see everyone turnout for this event.

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome. I just need to somehow get to Ohio on June 10th .... Smile

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't think I can get out to Ohio this year, maybe next year, but if anyone is close to Everett Washington and is a good player, private message me, I'd love to play almost anytime.

I probably shouldn't ask like that, but I'm desperate.

sav2880
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kcghost: Road trip time! Smile

Maxout: Hey, no shame in asking, I think in the process of trying to get the word out about this event, I've discovered that there are a lot of people still playing GoldenEye, but not a whole lot of organized methods to get them all together in one place.

I'm glad for this forum being one of them.

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, tournaments are still going. That's impressive, which I could go to
Ohio.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great thanks for posting the information on your tourney. I'll post this up on the main site asap. I'll email Twin Galaxies also since I am their official GoldenEye ref. They should advertise a GoldenEye tournament right?

sav2880
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
Great thanks for posting the information on your tourney. I'll post this up on the main site asap. I'll email Twin Galaxies also since I am their official GoldenEye ref. They should advertise a GoldenEye tournament right?

Both of those things sound great, I really appreciate it!

Also, do mention to Twin Galaxies about the other two events, SSBM and Mario Kart 64 in case the official refs for those games would have some interest.

Maxout

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Important. Reply with quote Back to top

When it starts could you get live pictures for us and be sure to record everything. It will be cool.

And next year, give people at least two months in advance notice and try to schedule the thing at the end or beginning of May because I think train and airplane costs go up for the summer so June 10th might not have been the best date.

I look forward to the next tournament after this one whether it's sooner or next year some time.

Very important to give advanced notice in case of anything.

Have fun over there! Cool

dannycas
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can't go, but that's awesome

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What happened overall? Was there another thread for that.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I read not a single sentence or word following this tournament. Funny thing is, I didn't get a reply back about posting a link to my website. Did anyone here attend this event? Did it happen? What did happen if it happened?

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It happened all right, and the normal gang were there...a guy named lucy, little cleo, clip, cheecks, goony goony...it all went down that day. With no man standing when it was over...

Really only ten people arrived for Goldeneye. Thirty for the whole event. Ten is a good turn out for an older title is what Scooter said. I just emailed him inquiring about it and they mostly do it for Halo and Melee over there, and they said they might do a GE tournament for fall too.

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well is there a video..pictures..what!!

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know I've kept checking either on their website/message board and there isn't dick about it. Like I said, aside from the "please advertise this for us" I haven't heard or gotten a reply from these guys.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have. It was ten people or so. Pretty good he says for an older title.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: