ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Nintendo PC (hardware mod)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice work, BMW.
Seems like it came out great. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW!!! Very Happy Shocked That is insane BMW i wunder how you fit all the Cords and chips in that NES man.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it came out quite good. NES and SNES games run flawlessly on it, and DVD movies play flawlessly, but it has a difficult time with flash videos like on youtube.

Originally when I was building this thing I fried my hard drive, but not knowing for sure if it was the hard drive or something more serious, I ordered a cheap-o used 5gb hard drive from ebay to test - and this drive works fine. But I will definitely be upgrading to something bigger - I'm leaning towards an 8gb or 16gb IDE solid-state drive.

Since I really have no use for this computer right now I might try putting it up on ebay. Also since I can't sell it with my own copy of windows installed I thought about trying something like Ubuntu and marketing this just as a retro gaming PC. But being a Windows user for 10+ years I must say that Ubuntu is really testing my patience Exclamation , though I guess it is kind of a learning experience. Ubuntu installed just fine, but installing programs on it is proving for me to be quite a challenge. Also I've read in the Ubuntu forums that there's not much support for VIA graphics cards, so I'm not sure I'll be able to get anything beyond basic graphics drivers installed.

EternallyAries wrote:
WOW!!! Very Happy Shocked That is insane BMW i wunder how you fit all the Cords and chips in that NES man.

How did I fit all the cords? VERY CAREFULLY.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well good luck Selling the Nes BMW. Oh and how much wud it be selling for.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wasn't happy with the cluttered interior so I rerouted some stuff and secured it in place better. Here is what is HOPEFULLY the final layout:

(oh and one other thing it now has a solid-state drive in it - an 8gb IDE drive - that thing drastically improved overall performance - and since Windows 2000 doesn't take up much space there's plenty of space left for games)

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That looks better then befor BMW good job.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like this PC has pretty good specs.

I still don't know how the hell your pulling this off ^_^

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder how much ram is in that computer BMW

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its got 1gb of ram - the weaker link is actually the 1ghz processor combined with the onboard video. But that said, it does run NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and GBA roms all flawlessly. Haven't tested N64 though I have my doubts.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope this will work for the N64 Emulater with 1GB BMW

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
Its got 1gb of ram - the weaker link is actually the 1ghz processor combined with the onboard video. But that said, it does run NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and GBA roms all flawlessly. Haven't tested N64 though I have my doubts.

Not bad not bad. Will give you basic internet use and lots of N64 gaming as well. I'm not sure how the 1GHz processor will run games that well though.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
I hope this will work for the N64 Emulater with 1GB BMW

I ran it on my ancient 256MB computer. It's display driver crashed though, but it's junk, not going to fix it.

Lol I fixed it -_-

But it should run just fine on any amount of ram.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: