ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Help Connecting Gameshark Pro 3.3 To PC Through Parallel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Help Connecting Gameshark Pro 3.3 To PC Through Parallel Reply with quote Back to top

Hi. I need help. I am new here. I LOVE this site.Very informative. I just bought a parallel cable for my gamesharks. See, I changed the keycode on one, and now It won't boot up with any of my games. So, I want to know how to fix this by plugging it into my pc, and managing the gameshark with the gameshark app off the goldeneye site here? Can I change the keycodes directly from that program, and fix my gameshark? and, Can I fix my corrupted gameshark with that app too? Please help. Thank you.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: ? Reply with quote Back to top

Any ideas?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The connection to pc only works once the gameshark has booted into the menu, so if your gs won't boot because of you having selected a keycode for a cart type you don't have you'll need to get that cart.
Sorry, man, but the GS/AR's are like that, they are not designed to be secure and have absolutelly no recovery measures. I suspect it was not just an overlook of design, but an example of planned obsolescence practices from Datel.
While they still supported it, you would send it to them and have it repaired/replaced for free (at least that's what I read somewhere), which was nice considering how easy these chocked. But now they don't do that anymore so you are on your own. If one breaks, buy another, until supply lasts... or learn enough electronics to be able to manually reflash/replace the chips (counting that you have the proper binary for them, of course).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's only a matter of having selected an incorrect Keycode, your best bet is to track down a game for each and try loading them. This is a short list of some of the more common and popular games for each Keycode...

Super Mario 64 / GoldenEye / General N64 Games
Banjo-Kazooie / Diddy Kong Racing / 1080º Snowboarding
F-Zero X / Yoshi's Story / Cruis'n World
Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Perfect Dark

Here's a complete breakdown of all N64 games and the boot codes they use. Thank to Radorn for posting this in another thread...

http://www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_list.html

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always go overboard with explanations Laughing but, well, I like to give "added value" to my answers instead of just saying "do this, do that".
But yeah, you should be fine just finding the correct cart.

BTW, which was the keycode you erroneously activated?

Keycode CIC chip
Mario (GE too) -> 6102 (also compatible with 6101/StarFox, I believe)
Banjo -> 6103
Yoshi -> 6106 (very few games of this one)
Zelda -> 6405

Take the correct number, look for a game which has it in the table Wreck linked, and then hunt it down.

Other cic chips were used in the n64 based arcade board "Aleck 64" and possibly in development systems, not in commercially released games, so don't worry about 6104, 6107, etc

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Well see, that's the problem. I don't remember what key code it is locked to. I wonder how many game I must get to fix it though. The other GS is corrupted. You have been very helpful, and that "lengthy" answer is exactly the kind of answer I need.

I have these games:

Donkey Kong 64

Super Mario 64

Mario Kart 64

GoldenEye 007 (Who the heck could live without it)

Monster Truck Madness

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it appears as though you'll need a game with a "6106" boot code...

GoldenEye 007 (6102)
Mario Kart 64 (6102)
Monster Truck Madness 64 (6102)
Super Mario 64 (6102)
1080º Snowboarding (6103)
Donkey Kong 64 (6105)

Games with a "6106" boot code...

Cruis'n World
F-Zero X
Yoshi's Story

-----------------------------
I know what it's like. I had to rent Yoshi's Story once just to get my GameShark to start up again after accidentally setting the wrong Keycode. Hopefully you can track down one of those three games, either from a friend or used game store.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you serious? You are SOOO helpful! you identified the remaining possibilities from the codes for the other games? No possibility it could be a Zelda keycode?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

According to the list by Elitendo.com, those seem to be the only three games that use a boot code in which you haven't been able to test with your current game library. I made a better list in the new thread stickied at the top of this forum, if you'd like to check it out.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much for helping me. Weren't you also the famous guy who built the quad level in Goldeneye? An honor it is to talk with you. *Bows* *Me being a huge dragon bowing that is* * I Role Play alot* *Then gets up* I believe it is called "Wreck's 'The Quad'", correct?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Quad is one of my customized multiplayer maps for GoldenEye, yes. I've also created the backzone setups for levels like Facility and Archives.

I appreciate your kind words, and am happy I could help you out. Smile

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:04 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

You are welcome. You're awesome. How did you figure all that out? Hope I'm not off topic, but, isn't it extremely complicated? You know what Role Playing is, right? Like my sig says I am a dragon, in RP, of course not in real life.

Last edited by Bowser N64 on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Archive and Facility are like the best levels ever.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Originally, it was a matter of looking up the memory of the level as it was loading and making changes to it with a GameShark. Nowadays, it's as easy as using the GoldenEye Setup Editor and editing a stage. If you're interested, you can check out either the Q-Lab Hacking Department forum here at Shooters, or head over to the GoldenEye Vault for more information.

I'm familiar with Role Playing, but have never participated in it personally.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Ah Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet! How long have you been doing this? That must have taken forever with trial and error!

And RP is fun, I am battling a dragon right now and nothing is happening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: