ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE agent times Dam-Train
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlecBoy006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: GE agent times Dam-Train Reply with quote Back to top

Dam- 01:01
Facility- 01:07
Runway 00:29
surface 1- 01:30
bunker 1- 00:30
Silo- 02:56
Frigate- 00:46
Surface 2- 01:51
Bunker 2- 00:44
EDIT: Statue- 03:00
archives- 00:26
Streets- 01:27
Depot- 00:34
Train 02:25

Well, those are mine, lets see yours.

Last edited by AlecBoy006 on Tue May 16, 2006 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to mention this over there, but some other guy got 53 seconds on the dam on agent. I don't know if that's feasible unless he had an emulator, because the quickest I can do on my 64 is 59's on agent. 2:50's on double agent compared to 2:00. How do you shave off a whole minute, I wonder...

Edit-not that "dam". Razz

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These are not my best times, I just made a new game and ran thru the first 14 missions to see how good yours were, here are my times.
Dam 1:06
Facility 1:11
Runway 0:26
Surface 1:30
Bunker 1 0:25
Silo 1:46
Frigate 0:46
Surface 2 1:06
Bunker 2 0:41
Statue 3:05
Archives 0:34
Streets 1:30
Depot 0:33
Train 1:58

You got some decent times. Try to improve tho, there are many short cuts out there that will help. Like in surface 2 I know why your time was so high, you shot down the radios, use the mine and plant it on the outside wall of the dish where the radio's are, and use A+B to detonate it.

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

AlecBoy006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to detonate A+B in Surface 2? Man, your times are better.

That guy with :53 is Bryan Bosshardt. I've been dreaming about breaking it for a month or even more.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A+B detonates remote mines in any levels, that will probly cut about a minute out of your time. One thing that might help is to watch some of Wouter Jansen's world record runs at www.goldeneyeforever.com, he has probly the best techniques in the game for getting insane times. Try using some of them and you can surely improve your times. By watching them you will learn a lot of glitches and short cuts that will lower your times a decent amount.

AlecBoy006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I appreciate taking time out of your busy schedule just compare your times to mine on the first 14 missions. I've seen them all. There are a few things I've learned.

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well about half of getting good times is luck (and the other half is fate), but getting stuck by guards, missing a turn and getting caught in a corner, even having a guard die to slow of a slow door opening, they all effect your time. Just keep trying to improve, you'll eventally get a good run were you can scratch off a few seconds, and improving a little a few times can make a big diffrence. After you have mastered getting good angent times, move on to harer skill levels. Agent is good for getting a basic feel for speed rushing thru a level and in al cases is the best place to start. You can basically get blown apart and skill all the enemies and still pass the missions. For example, in the water caverns, if you can run faster then Trev, you can go through all open doors and cut a HUGE chunk of time off your final time. This is only do-able on agent tho because all you need to do is save the scientist. Just keep practicing and you'll get better. I have to use an emulator because N64 is almost dead, but I use a controller so it only takes or adds on mayby a second or 2. However, the keyboard I found actually slowed me down because it sucked for aiming. It might not be like this for all people, but I'd have to say emulators and the system are about the same. However, I may be wrong about that, because I can see how the keyboard could be rigged, or used legitly for a speed advantage.

AlecBoy006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. I got a 01:45 on surface 2

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's right, I suppose you could use the Remote Mine to destroy the communication equipment in the satellite building on Agent mode. At first I thought you'd fail an objective, but then realized that disabling the Hound helicopter isn't a neccessity on the easier setting. Definitely a good tip, PTB.

Having a guard block your path is a huge pain. I've gotten stuck on plenty of them while doing speed runs. One of the biggest bummers so far was on Egyptian. While trying to complete it as fast as I could on 00 Agent with Enemy Rockets activated, the final Baron Samedi just had to die using the longest animation in the game. I made it through incredibly fast, but his slow death took atleast ten seconds to finish. One word of advice there: don't shoot him in the neck.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here are my current best times on Agent mode for Dam - Egypt...
The times listed inside the brackets represent either a) my best times leftover on my cartridge, or b) times made using the Cruise Control method.
*Note: Updates have and will be made.

Dam: 01:01 (00:59 - time listed)
Facility: 1:04
Runway: 00:26 (00:25 - Cruise Control)
Surface i: 01:28 (01:20 - time listed)
Bunker i: 00:24 (00:22 - time listed)
Silo: 01:53
Frigate: 00:35
Surface ii: 01:08
Bunker ii: 00:35
Statue: 02:54
Archives: 00:22
Streets: 01:29
Depot: 00:32 (00:31 - Cruise Control)
Train: 1:48
Jungle: ..:..
Control: ..:..
Caverns: 01:28
Cradle: 01:03
Aztec: 05:28 (first attempt)
Egypt: 01:08

Last edited by Wreck on Thu May 18, 2006 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total

AlecBoy006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm envious

ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kepp goin alec, you can only get better! Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Speed runs can lead to a great deal of frustration.
You'll often find yourself getting caught up on an object or part of a wall. Enemies block your path in many stages, stopping you dead in your tracks. Always remember to strafe, as it helps you to run faster. Keep moving, don't stop for any length of time. Avoid as much conflict as possible. If you can go around someone, you're best to do it. Being shot from the front will slow you down and knock you backwards. However, one good shot from behind can send you forward. It may take away from your health, but it's a welcome boost. Play through each mission and find the shortest routes to complete an objective and reach the exit. In Bunker ii and Archives, don't worry about Natalya. The guards won't fire at her, so leave her far behind. As long as she doesn't get cooked in an explosion, she'll live through until the end. Your main concern is to finish the level. When you screw up, simply abort and try again. Believe me, you'll quit a lot. Once you learn the guard patterns and object placements, you should have a great chance at achieving a top notch time.

AlecBoy006
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HA! I still can't beat Jungle-Egyptian without cheats and believe me with:

Jungle
Caverns
Cradle

I've tried.

And...if I don't have the RCP90 on Train..I'm pratically screwed.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Jungle is a tough stage to beat. Between all of the commandos armed with assault rifles and the drone guns, you'll need all of the body armour you can acquire. If I remember correctly, there are three of them. Each one is located near the first three drones. Make sure you grab those, they'll be a huge help.

Caverns is another pain. It took me forever to beat it on 00 Agent and unlock the 2x RC-P90 cheat option. Your best bet is to go slow. Take cover behind a wall and wait for your enemies to appear. Running out guns blazing isn't always the best approach. Don't be concerned about the time you end up with, the most important thing is that you complete the mission.

Check to make sure that the Auto-Aim feature has been turned on in your watch menu. Locking onto an enemy quickly will allow you to take them out faster and conserve more ammunition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: