ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Need GS v.3.3 rom and txt files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spascat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Need GS v.3.3 rom and txt files Reply with quote Back to top

Hello masters...

Please help, I think I need:
GameShark Pro V3.3 Pre-loaded list of codes in a .txt file

I have a Gameshark Pro v.3.3 that I hosed by using a wrong keycode. I need to flash it back to the way it was. I will be using the GSCC utility.

If I can't get my Gameshark to it's menu, will the GSCC util not detect it? Is it worth even trying? The LED works on the GS, it just stays at .8 and won't load into it's menu or any game. Can I still flash this?

I also have an OLD GS v. 1.09 that works like a charm. BUt only has like 20 game codes on it! Any chance I could get the GS v. 1.09 Zelda Keycode?? I actually want to use it for Donkey Kong 64, and I heard it uses the Zelda keycode, but my GS doesn't have it and can't find it anywhere for that old-ass version!

Any help is much appreciated...

-fellow girl gamer Razz

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if your GS won't load into the menu, you can't update it, unfortunatelly. The device depends on the host nintendo 64 to do anything, so is not exactly rock solid. You can't update it with a PC only.
My AR is just like that. Well, it actually loads... to a non-working corrupted "menu" that consist of just digital trash.
If you have a second GS/AR with a parallel port you could try to mount the non working one on top of the working one and attempt an update on the good one. This way the update might also reach the corrupted one, repairing it.
You could also end up with two dead GS's though, so there's a risk involved.

The only other way I can think to restore a non-booting AR/GS is to desolder the flash chips, somehow get a copy of the original program and flash it with an external reprogrammer. Not that I can help you with that...

I can't help you with the v1 gs, either.

spascat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info. Sadness...

Well, I guess I can try to concentrate on getting my 1.09 gameshark keycodes.

Anyone know or have a gameshark v 1.09? Need the Zelda Keycode... Anyone got an old one to work with Donkey Kong 64?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GameShark v1.09... Now that is old. Razz
I'm not sure if the Zelda Keycode loaded games are even compatible with that version. It was either 2.0 or 2.2 that first supported them. I could be wrong, however. I just don't remember there ever being a keycode to get games like Ocarina of Time and Donkey Kong 64 to register. There could be an unofficial one floating around out there. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

spascat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck, I'm glad to see you took a look at my problem.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Keycode that you set on your v3.3, do you remember what it was? I had accidentally chosen the wrong Keycode once, and ended up having to rent a game just to get it working again. These are some of the possibilities...

Super Mario 64 / GoldenEye / General N64 Games
Banjo-Kazooie / Diddy Kong Racing / 1080ΒΊ Snowboarding
F-Zero X / Yoshi's Story / Cruis'n World
Zelda: Ocarina of Time / Perfect Dark

Hopefully those are in the right sections, it's been quite some time since I've even worried about using Keycodes. But it might be a good idea to try tracking down a game from each of the categories and seeing if you can't get your v3.3 running again. Afterall, it's still good. You just need to start it up with the proper game.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

spascat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm... Well, I tried with the games from the first two lines in your reply. I don't have games from the Zelda or F-Zero lines. So... I'll have to track down those games to test it.

Thanks Wreck, You give me hope! Laughing

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mmm, I completelly forgot about the bootcart stuff xD, good observation, Wreck.
let's see then...
You say the GS doesn't load into the menu. But does it show something on screen? does it show the GS logo?
If you don't get to see the logo on screen, then it COULD mean that you are using an incorrect game for the selected bootcode, like Wreck suggested, and if that's the case you should be able to boot again if you can find an adecuate cart.
On the other hand, if you can see the GS logo loading screen, but you don't get into the menu, or get into a corrupted/black "menu", it means you are using the correct game, but your GS is corrupted.

EDIT: stupid me, I read the very first pot wrong!! Embarassed somehow I ignored the "key-" part in keycode, so I thought you had entered a code that f'd up the GS... a common occurrence. But I guess that's no the case after all. Finding the correct cart type should solve your problem.
This list should help you with that task.
http://www.elitendo.com/n64/usa_boot_save_list.html

Well, I hope you found allthis entertainingly informative at least Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: