ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

N64 Gameshark Pro: Help With Button Codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: N64 Gameshark Pro: Help With Button Codes Reply with quote Back to top

Well I'll make my questions simple. I need to figure out how to use button activation codes. I have 3 questions. Should an activator code, such as one for Super Mario 64, go in the beginning, middle, or end of the code which I would desire to activate? The second is, does each button code correspond to a different game, as in one must know the code for that game's buttons in order to activate/deactivate Gameshark codes for that game? The third, do the activators go in between lines of codes inside of a code itself? CAN they? As in, is it necessary to do such? Please help.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

An activator, such as one that detects if a certain button is pressed, should go immediately before the line you want it to activate. The first line, the "D0" or "D1" code, sets it up to detect a value in memory. If that value is written, the following entry, the "80" or "81" line, will activate. If that value is not read, the line will not turn on.

Yes, every game has a different activator code for button recognition. Since all games are designed differently, where that data is stored will be unique. You'll need to know the proper address for where button data is stored.

You can use many activators in one code. Say you want to make Mario really big when press Up on the directional pad, that's one code. But if you want him to shrink back down when you press Down on the d-pad, that's another. You can keep those together in one neat code to make things easier and cleaner.

The main thing to remember: an activator always comes before a standard write line. The pattern would look like: D0, 80, D0, 80, etc. The activator enables the line immediately after it. You can use as many as you want. Just be sure your codes don't conflict with eachother.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. thank you so much. I'm sure you will not mind if I copy your reply to my PSP. To read it from there as I type in the code on my Gameshark on N64.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, I don't mind. If it's going to help you out, be my guest.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Ah thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: