ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gameshark Communicates With PC But Freezes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Gameshark Communicates With PC But Freezes Reply with quote Back to top

Well I got my gamesharks to communicate with the PC. I used the gameshark software code creator program from GoldenEye Forever. I was able to dump my codelist from my corrupted one. but when I dumped Donkey Kong 64, I got the codes into a TXT file and stuff, but it froze the program. I also was able to dump it over and over. To get this working I changed my parallel port option in BIOS setting of my PC to EEP. I have changed it back to ECP, as now when I click code list on the GSCC, it freezes the program. Both my gamesharks do this, so it tells me that I must have screwed something up with my printer port setting or something. How do I fix this? I try to get get my codelist read from the gameshark as I did before, but it hangs. What do I change? How do I update my port drivers?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know GSCC has a notorious problem where it crashes if you open the code list. I know there's a download called GSCC Reset that fixes this, but sadly I forget where to find it.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I am glad it is a common problem. Thank you! I'll look around for it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just got the cable for this and I'm beyond pure happiness, but I am also having the same problem where it freezes when I open the code list.

I'm going to look around aswell, but post it up if you find the fix for this.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah awesome. I'm waiting too. Google yields nothing.

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this will help you because it didn't help me, but it's worth a try.

http://doc.kodewerx.org/tools/misc/gscc2k2_fix.zip

Tell me if it works, and I'm kind of angry I can't use this program to put these 4,000,000 line codes on my GS.

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dear god, this crap is so annoying I can't get anything to work, no GS program for putting codes on it works, it just freezes and then doesn't respond and no program detects my GS at all.

I have no idea how to change any of this port business, I need some serious help with this because I'm getting pretty frustrated...

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you very much for the link but how do I use the program? Is it used just like my old one?
Do I read the code list of my Gameshark with it again?

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It says it's supposed to fix some of the problems with the older version but I'm not too sure since I still can't get it to work.

Yes, it's the same program so it should be no different to use.

Do you have AIM? because you seem to know more than me and I would appreciate some help.

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I didn't realize how to change the Parallel port settings, now I figured it out so I changed it to ECP and now I just have to test it, but I am gonna assume I'll still have the code list freezing problem.

GERage
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Found it!

http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/downloads/GSCC_Reset.zip

This fixes the code list bug.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OH THANK YOU SO MUCH! WHERE did you find it? How do I use it? I suppose this particular article of information is enclosed in the TXT file that came in the ZIP folder.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you! I have dumped my codelist off my corrupted Gameshark Pro 3.3! I dumped it to a TXT file I named(Sorry I had to edit the word out) "My *Beep*ed Up Code List". Wink I am so happy I can upload the multiplayer level on Goldeneye now! I have yet to test it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm happy to hear that you guys got this issue all sorted out. I remember having the same problem with the code list crashing the toolz. What worked for me, was replacing a certain file with an older copy. That's what's on GoldenEye Forever. But it seems as though this didn't help everyone. Whatever the zip file is that Zoinkity (nefarious dogooder) has up, looks like it may be the answer.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes other people may benefit from the information. I recommend posting it in that place where important stuff goes here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: