ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Gameshark Communicates With PC But Freezes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:13 am    Post subject: Sweetness Reply with quote Back to top

Alright! I finally have the codelist I want on my Gameshark! Thanks everyone! Let me know people if you perhaps need help with your Gameshark, I have now been through it. I can help you. Just ask! I'd be happy to help others.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, well it no longer crashes I just can't get it to find my GS.

Any ideas?

Sometimes it tells me "communication has timed out", also I tried restarting my computer and when I first plug in my GS after doing this, the GS lights up with an 8 and then I try it and it doesn't work and no longer does it light up with an 8 when I plug it in alone without the system.

I have a 3.2 with a working LED.

I have also tried ECP, & EEP.

ECP has a mode called DMA or something, does this matter?

I'm getting pretty desperate over here simply because this is pissing me off any help would be highly apreciatted.

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking through the FORUM history and I saw this,

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=2430

I have no idea how to use userport or totalio, and when i try to run userport.SYS it tells me driver does not exist.

Is this normal?

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

from the included pdf document:

Quote:
Installation

The driver can be installed in the following two ways:

• Copy UserPort.SYS to %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS
Start UserPort.EXE and add the addresses you want and remove
the others and click on start.

• Run UserPort.EXE withthedriverfilenameandpathasanargument
i.e. run UserPort.EXE X:\YOURDIR\UserPort.SYS
Add the addresses you want and remove the others and click on start.

You should now have usermode access to the addresses you have chosen

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried the reset thingy?

Just click on the registry entry files in this download ZIP folder. Unzip it first of course. There is a TXT file with instructions that comes in the download. If you cannot get your codelist to come up, this should fix it. In the File/Configuration menu you will want to Auto Detect your settings, with your gameshark powered on through agame on your N64, plugged into the computer by the Parallel port. In the configuration menu, change the top clickdown menu bar to Nintendo 64.

http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/downloads/GSCC_Reset.zip

Hope it helps you! It saved me! Also inputting cheats is TRICKY as crap. PM me if you need help. I'll get back to ya eventually. Also thanks goes out to GERage for kindly finding that program for me.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I tried running TOTALIO while I attempted to detect the GS, it didn't work.

I tried adding my port numbers to userport and it didn't help either.

I did the GSCC RESET the code list doesn't freeze but I can't detect the GS so it doesn't even matter.

I've tried EPP - ECP settings, neither work.

I read this in another thread,

"go into device drivers, hit 'show hidden', show by connection, and set the DLL's mode to automatic or system."

What does this mean?

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey want me to make a video of how to do it? I can. I have dialup internet, so I cannot upload it till Thursday.

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be nice...

As always, any help is apreciatted.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright. I will make you one. I find some fun music for it too.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Your Video Has Been Completed Reply with quote Back to top

Thy video is complete and ready to be uploaded. I will try to get it up as soon as possible. Though I had said I would do it today, I do not know If I can. I think I might have to do it next Wednesday. It is Thursday today.

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No problem, take as much time as you want.

My GS has been acting up and I'll probably have to REFLASH it since it no longer is booting up.

Sucks since I put in SO many codes by hand but oh well.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Alright Reply with quote Back to top

Alright. thanks. I put some comedy in there for ya too. Maybe it'll cheer you up since you busted your Gameshark 3.2? You only have one? Not to sound proud, but when I bought my Gameshark Pro 3.3 the cashier gave me another one free! YES! I was so excited, and thanks to you guys here, I reflashed the codelist and they BOTH work perfectly!

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Alright Reply with quote Back to top

Bowser N64 wrote:
Alright. thanks. I put some comedy in there for ya too. Maybe it'll cheer you up since you busted your Gameshark 3.2? You only have one? Not to sound proud, but when I bought my Gameshark Pro 3.3 the cashier gave me another one free! YES! I was so excited, and thanks to you guys here, I reflashed the codelist and they BOTH work perfectly!

You got one for free?? wow, lucky you!
Glad the recovery procedure worked for you Smile

DaronMalakianXVII
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you reflash the GS do you get to keep the codes you had on there?

Where did you buy your GS and when?

I mean they're pretty old must have been awhile ago...If you bought it at a store.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah yes. The recovery procedure did WONDERS. And, when one does a "Reflash" on the Gameshark, they must dump the previous codelist off the device, or, overwrite it with a new codelist. It depends on how you are reflashing it. I fixed my corrupted one by dumping the codelist to a TXT file on my PC. Then I uploaded one from goldeneyeforever, and it fixed it. I then edited that file to add my own codes. As far as reinstalling the firmware? Well one needs to have a gameshark that runs to the main menu with the scrolling stuff on it for that to even be possible. UNFORTUNATELY! This is required before it will connect through parallel port to the PC. there are methods to reflash the firmware of a gameshark, butI am not familiar with it. I have never had to do it. I felt the pain you did man. They are so annoying to mess with. The devices are so finicky. And I got mine at FX Video Game Exchange. They are the only place in my town that carries N64 stuff. Games, whatnot. Besides pawn shops that is.

Last edited by Bowser N64 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: