ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

My First Ever Self-Made Code! And I Need Help With It.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:28 pm    Post subject: My First Ever Self-Made Code! And I Need Help With It. Reply with quote Back to top

LAST NIGHT I MADE MY FIRST EVER GAMESHARK CODE! It was for GoldenEye. What it does is makes the guns sound like electronic robot-like sounds. I built it with the in game code generator.

Here is my code: 800230F7 989

Since I used the in game code generator to find this code and enable it, it is not a proper gameshark code.

So, to fix this I inputed this in my Gameshark cheat menu: 800230F7 0989

Notice right away the added zero in front of "989" on the right. This seems to work as a code, but the code I found that gave me the precise sound that I wanted had only three digits in the right, not FOUR. What do I do to fix it into a real gameshark code? I am not happy with the sound the four digit one gives me.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TAKA Michinoku9.1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this will work but try putting the 0 at the end of the "989"
like this 9890.

I am unsure how the code with 3 digits came out like that I was pretty sure it always had to end with 4 digits Confused

"For over 30 Years the IRA showed that the British Government could not rule Ireland on its on terms. You asserted the right of the people of this island to freedom and independance, many of your comrades have paid the ultimate sacrafice in order to bring the freedom struggle forward towards its obtainment."
Gerry Adams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V3AEgStKvE

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never really attempted (and now I can't even if I wanted to) to hack codes, so I can't really tell you for sure, but, could it be that that 989 is actually decimal instead of hex?

if it is decimal, you need to convert to hex, which would result in 3DD, or 03DD in this case.
Until someone comes with a more informed answer, you could just try that and see if it works.

Oh, and try it before on an emu, just in case your gameshark breaks. Mine died that way.

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I will try both. Is using the in game code generator likely to crash my Gameshark Pro or something?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
radorn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I couldn't tell for sure but mine seemingly commited suicide when I tried to save the codes I just entered.
Description here:

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=3139

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there could be a few reasons as to why the sounds don't seem the same as they did when you first hacked the code. One thing that I do see, is that your code isn't being used completely...

800230F7 0989
should be
810230F6 0989

The code you were using only wrote "89" to the address "800230F7". The modified version of the code I've put up will write "09" to "800230F6", as well as "89" to "800230F7".

However, this may still not be correct. I'm not sure what the values were originally, so "09" may be wrong. It could be "19" or "B9", for all I know. But this may be worth a shot. If it still doesn't seem right, try changing the "09" part of the value to "19", "29", "39", etc. Hopefully, that will get it sounding right.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Bowser N64
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I see. Thank you, Wreck.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: