ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD - Coming to XBLA! [Last Updated 11th March '10]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: PD - Coming to XBLA! [Last Updated 11th March '10] Reply with quote Back to top

Rare have recently released an image of the new Banjo-Tooie theme for the Xbox 360. Could an icon of Joanna Dark in her N64 era in the recently played games section be the biggest hint that it is coming to XBLA?! I certainly hope so!

http://mundorare.com/news/2009/04/banjo-tooies-upcoming-theme-hints-at-perfect-dark-xbla/

Last edited by Kode-Z on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:49 am; edited 10 times in total

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's nice. Pity I don't have a 360.

The release of a direct port in another system makes me fear the interest in the N64 original will disappear, though, like with an eventual release of GE.

It's interesting to note that it seems the most anticipated releases from Rare are N64 remakes xD.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm still going to be disappointed unless GE is released Sad PD is great, but GE is it. A direct port is useless, it needs to be like GE with online multiplayer, solo screen, updated graphics, etc.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

True.

Hopefully, they would update everything - I mean, as you all know, they've updated the graphics and everything for the unreleased GoldenEye XBLA. (I'm still crying!)

I'm sure they'd utilize online capabilities and such. Fingers crossed!!! Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If this is true, and PD does receive the graphics overhaul the GE update featured, than this could be something really great. Great enough for me to pickup an Xbox 360 again? We'll have to see just what they do with it first.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

only reason to buy 360

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If this is true, and PD does receive the graphics overhaul the GE update featured, than this could be something really great. Great enough for me to pickup an Xbox 360 again? We'll have to see just what they do with it first.

I agree. I just hope that it does make it. The original N64 version would be the best candidate for an online multiplayer game on the XBLA - and the fact that GE: XBLA got canceled would be the biggest incentive for Microsoft and Rare to release it.

If it ever gets released, I'd have to brush up my playing before I play it online - I haven't played PD multi in so long that I'm practically similar to a MeatSim! Laughing

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would definitely get an Xbox 360 if PD has online multiplayer. I think it'd be one of the best selling XBLA games. The PS3 cannot emulate N64 so this would be the closest thing besides playing the game on the original modded Xbox (which plays at about 90% speed I think).

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

picture from RARE, see that perfect dark icon there? is it coming?

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another screenshot has surfaced from an anonymous source (with the same pic of Joanna!)

http://mundorare.com/news/2009/05/bean-gives-credit-to-perfect-dark-xbla-rumour/

AND...

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/05/01/rumor-more-evidence-of-perfect-dark-xbla-surfaces/

I SO hope that a remake is going to be released - it wouldn't really make up for GoldenEye not being released, but hey Perfect Dark was a hell of a game too! Very Happy

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ddidn't feelt like starting a new thread just for this, but, as many of you probably know already...

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/2008690137

XBLA PD "confirmed"
Now we want visual proof, yeah.

I don't have an XB, but this makes me really want to win one on a giveout I'm in. Wish me luck, guys xD

Anyway, I said this before, but I really really hope XBLA PD doesn't make all interest in N64's original to disappear. There is still a lot to be done with it.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, crap...
As happy as I am to see this confirmed, I'm also not too thrilled about having to get another Xbox. I already had one and sold it, but the idea of an updated PD on the 360 may just be too good to pass up.

Good luck, radorn! Wink

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The artwork has been released!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/es-ES/games/offers/033f0001-0000-4000-8000-0000584109c2

It's being developed by 4J Studios (the guys behind the Banjo ports.) It's going to be in 1080p and WILL have a fixed framerate (yay!)

Pics of the free new XBox 360 theme here:
http://mundorare.com/news/2009/06/perfect-dark-xbla-coming-this-winter-in-1080p/

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, one thing is for certain...

Joanna has never looked so good. Very Happy

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's certainly a really cute joanna Surprised I want to see the rest Very Happy

Also it's somewhat closer to what she looked like in the game, unlike the renders of the time, which had little to do with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: