ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER]dataDyne Research - Investigation
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER]dataDyne Research - Investigation Reply with quote Back to top

Please download this from GoldenEye Vault.

Last edited by 00Dark on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:42 am; edited 7 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Be sure that you have this Action Block...

0005FD0000

Every Combat Simulator setup uses it to initialize the simulants. This may be what the current problem is with your Investigation setup.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. Surprised I couldn't believe it when you posted this. No wonder simulants wouldn't work for Chicago. SubDrag needs to fix the Chicago pads file too so that way it'll work for me to make a map.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's wrong with the Chicago pads file?

@Wreck: Did we ever figure out what each of those 3 lines did for simulants?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know some of the files are mixed up. Certain instances, the Pads file will actually be the Setup file. This causes the Editor to crash as it attempts to read the data. I've had to extract two or three fresh files from the ROM as replacements.

I don't know the specifics of those three actions. I just remember Dragonsbrethren confirming that it initializes the simulants. Without the "0185", sims will appear as points on your radar, but won't show up in the level physically. He didn't notice any differences with the "0145" and "0146" actions gone. Could be something small, though.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Chicago pads file should Convert ROM successfully without having to delete the unused pads, but it is too large then for output. When I delete the unused pads, an editor bug causes each of my locations for Hills, Bases, and Case Respawns to screw up.

Can you also patch the ROM with this ASAP? The GameShark codes do the following things:

81080398 010A --> Changes Investigations MP setup
80084BF9 0033 --> Swaps stage ID for Random load
81084BFC 5687 --> Changes Random (arena) into dataDyne Research
81084C14 50FF --> Changes Random (arena type) into Hacker
8107B1E0 0100 --> Sets 02E Area 51 Storage Lift 2's object image to 0100 - Tv Screen
8107B1E2 0001 --> Sets 02E Area 51 Storage Lift 2's object size to 0001

The last two codes get rid of that pesky elevator. It appears in the very back of the map where you obtain experimental item 3 in the solo mission.

Last edited by 00Dark on Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you made any modifications to the pads themselves? Like moved them around, deleted any, added in extra? If you haven't modified the pads and your setup is using stock positions, then you really shouldn't need to convert ROM with the pads file. Try just converting with your setup file alone and see what happens.

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am using stock positions for G5 Building and dataDyne Research. The pads files aren't modified at all. Besides, grabbing custom coords does work in the editor, but it causes the level to crash when I use them in-game.

I actually didn't move any pads around to different coords, but I placed the player spawns at different pads other than what I had opened the setup file with.

I also wanted to see if the pads files would Convert ROM.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00dark (and guys who help), this is like a new year to me, thank you!
Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

First games played.
Great map, very fun to play, you made those weapons in good positions, and all the spawns work very well also! Waiting to play this against humans already!
Cool

Few things.. end end part of the level is empty, that is good AND bad thing, no weapons there but you can still access it...
The main lab area is full of weapons, but the base near the access elevator is empty, guys from that base have to run quite much to get any weapon, well there is one weapon slot 1 in the far back, but it is quite hard to get fast.

But still, GREAT job!

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey can you please redownload this? Now it's perfect since I got the Investigation elevator lift going. Surprised

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow!! Gotta test this tomorrow!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I was able to get this level done up in a ROM, too. No more GameShark codes necessary, and online capable. I hope to hear about some good, long battles in these new maps. Maybe somebody could even record a video or two?

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, I've been furnishing this to absolute perfection by updating the XT Host link constantly. Please redo the patch you've already made with the updated file on the link, please tell SubDrag to recreate the G5 Building patch with the updated file on its own link also, and please do a ROM patch for Chicago. I am not sure dataDyne Central and Area 51 are ready. Ok? Wink

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you guys testing these in PD or GE? Where is the line drawn between the games?

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00dark wrote:
Wreck, I've been furnishing this to absolute perfection by updating the XT Host link constantly. Please redo the patch you've already made with the updated file on the link, please tell SubDrag to recreate the G5 Building patch with the updated file on its own link also, and please do a ROM patch for Chicago. I am not sure dataDyne Central and Area 51 are ready. Ok? Wink

did you make something after the elevator?
Surprised

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: