ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER]Chicago - Stealth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER]Chicago - Stealth Reply with quote Back to top

http://two.xthost.info/00dark/Ump_setupcarparkZ.bin

8107FEC8 01F2 --> Changes Chicago's MP setup
80084BF9 001D --> Swaps stage ID for Random load
81084BFC 568D --> Changes Random (arena) into Chicago
81084C14 50FF --> Changed Random (arena type) into Hacker

Open the Perfect Dark Setup Editor and do Tools --> Convert ROM with just the setup.

I've created another flawless multiplayer stage as my skills improve. This map is excellent, everything works, plus it has doors that add taste to the map. Please make a patch for it so we can play it online. Thanks.

Last edited by 00Dark on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would LOVE to play this online! Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am still working on it! For some reason only G5 is working in the patch to ROM. Embarassed Both Chicago and DDHQ crash in the menus.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, some good news...
I was able to get Chicago to load normally, without the use of GameShark codes. It took me sometime, since I didn't know how to redo the CRC, then realized I made a mistake with the CS arena table data. But it's loading up alright in PJ64. Mupen64K won't let me start a new file anywhere, so I haven't been able to give that a test. It should work fine, though. I'll continue to test and see how the Investigation project goes, too.

Edit: Mupen64K was able to use a "Controller Pak" and allow me to access the main menu. Loaded up Chicago with four players and four sims, King of the Hill mode, with plenty of weapons to spare. Played fine, though I think my computer seriously needs a reboot. Only problem is with the lighting effects. They did it so drastic, that in multiplayer, some rooms almost go totally black when the lights are damaged. I'm trying to find a workaround, so we can avoid this annoying issue.

But, anyways, on to Investigation, I go...

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think most of the PD levels, the rooms go totally black if you destroy EVERY light?
Confused

And great job AGAIN 00dark!
Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm trying to remember for certain, but I believe the only Combat Simulator map with "working" lights is the Ruins. There's only a couple, about ten or so, scattered in different locations around the map. I didn't even realize it until I looked at the background file while porting stages to GoldenEye.

The mission-based maps have much more dramatic lighting effects. If too many lights in one area go out, the room is going to be overwhelmed by blackness very quickly. This is fine in a mission, as you'll keep progressing to other locations. But in the Combat Simulator, you're going to run into it again and again, probably becoming frustrated as you try to survive in a pitch-black room.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, my next map is Area 51, but after adding all the proper Area 51 elevators inlcuding both hangar lifts, both storage lifts, and the hangar office lift to the MP setup which is Area 52's, I cannot reopen the setup because of this fantastic error:

Crap. Can you figure out why it does this?

Last edited by 00Dark on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There has to be a "3C" object type somewhere in your setup file. As far as I know, there is no "3C" object type. It ends at "3B", from what I've seen. I'm guessing that one of the object blocks is incorrect, either too long or too short. It's making the Editor think that a missing object type is in there. Or hell, maybe there is a "3C" type and we missed it...

You'd have to link us to your setup file to see what's happening.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, what Wreck said. Or one of the types you talked about is not exporting properly and the setups corrupted. Can you post the setup so I can look into it and fix it?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I figured out a way to disable the map lights, so that the rooms will never go dark on you. This may be extremely beneficial to the mission-based maps, which leave near pitch-black areas during matches with explosives. It might be a wise decision to deactivate the lights now, thus avoiding the impending darkness.

Edit: Hmmm, this isn't quite going very well. It seemed as though it was working fine, but now some of the lights are going out. And my attempts at another level only stop certain lights from shutting off, which even then isn't a hundred percent. I'll have to look into this more. I thought I knew what controlled it, but nulling it out completely still doesn't help. It's very odd.

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my Area 51 setup file:

http://two.xthost.info/00dark/Ump_setuparea52Z.bin

Please fix it so that it will open.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I already found the problem, though I'll need to check to be certain. A "2F Tinted Glass" Object is too long. The block should only be "0x68" in length, but extends out to "0x94". Which, actually, when looking at it, should be elevators. That's the full size of a lift block, and even has the right data inside. I think, for some reason, those elevators have the wrong object type...

Edit: Try the following setup file I've linked to. It was able to load in the Editor, and had five elevators showing. I didn't try it out in-game, since I'm not sure if it is finished. See if this is what you need..

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/pd/Area51_CS_Setup.bin

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A51 is huge place... interested to see how it is going to work in multi.... :/
capture the case bases can be quite far from each other... Very Happy

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More maps coming from you 00dark?
Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps...
I just PM'd him with the XDelta patches for four of his maps, including this one. Maybe once he's gotten a taste of playing these online via Mupen64K, he'll begin working on another level or two. PD is short on modders, so it's nice to have somebody around to show off new stuff. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: