ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER]dataDyne Central - Defection/Extraction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:50 pm    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER]dataDyne Central - Defection/Extraction Reply with quote Back to top

http://two.xthost.info/00dark/Ump_setuppipesZ.zip

Here's the GameShark codes you'll need:

810802F0 010A --> Changes dataDyne Central - Defection's MP setup
80084BF9 0030 --> Swaps stage ID for Random load
81084BFC 5689 --> Changes Random (arena) into dataDyne Central
81084C14 50FF --> Changes Random (arena type) into Hacker

Open the PerfectEditor and do Tools --> Convert ROM.

The elevators in this map do work, but they can be a little tricky. Just try to step off the elevator and it won't let you. However, if you keep pushing and trying to walk onto one of the building's main floors like the 21'st, 22'nd, 23'rd floor you can still get out of the lift by holding to the edge and waiting till the lift goes back down again.

I also had to zip the file up since it uses Pipes's MP setup just like dataDyne Research in order to not get both of the maps mixed up. Just be sure you know which is which.

EDIT: The 21st floor was originally useless, but now has two Hills and one CTC Base (doesn't have any weapon placements). The 22nd floor now inlcudes a weapon placement plus a single CTC base (I added the CTC base on purpose). I've updated the map again up to a certain point. This shall be the final release. Nothing can be done about spawning in the void. It's going to happen whether you like it or not. I also would like to point out that on the 22nd floor you can grab a gun if you spawn near that particular base in CTC. So now those main office floors are filled with something. I never left out bases and hills on either the rooftop or the main lobby. Enjoy! Mr. Green

Last edited by 00Dark on Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:12 pm; edited 4 times in total

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OH NICE!
Today I can test all your maps!

Very Happy

Edit:
When converting, it says:

"Warning output will not work:
Warning: bg_defection_pads.bin is 0x4272 bytes, and must be less than 0x41c0 bytes"

Tried the map anyway and it works?
Good job!
The elevators are VERY tricky, they need those doors to work, I think? Fortress has enough doors and elevators but pipes doesn't have doors right?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think you even need to replace the pads file, as I believe that 00dark isn't actually making any changes to it. All of the pads he's used are stock, direct from the original file. That means that you won't need to switch it out for the one he's included. In fact, 00dark doesn't have to include it at all, really.

I'll have to see if I can get this one loading naturally, like the others. I think I have the method down pretty well, so it should work.

Edit: Got the method down to about ten-to-fifteen minutes, which isn't bad. If I could remember where certain tables in the index were, it'd be faster. Anyways, the map is loading up and playing fine in Mupen64K.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am still waiting for a non-alpha release of the PD Editor. The setup file for Fortress is totally risky. There are about nine tag objects, eight elevator lifts, and eleven doors total. There are also twenty-four weapon placements and fourty-nine ammo boxes. Largest setup, in my opinion. However, clearing the setup of unnecessary ammo boxes, weapon placements, elevators, and tag objects results in a massive meltdown. It thereby increases the chances of the stage crashing by 200%. Razz

I only need five elevator lifts for Area 51. Since Fortress's MP setup crashes when I get rid of just a few lifts and tag object references I don't think it's a very good idea to use that setup for an Area 51 multiplayer map. Best bet would be to use Area 52's setup and delete a few doors, plus add five lifts to the setup, and delete the tinted glass object group. However, I got that error Command missed: 3C when I added all five of the proper Area 51 lifts to the setup.

If SubDrag can fix every single setup and pads file then maybe I can use Ump_fortressZ for alot of my stages. It is the largest MP setup file in Perfect Dark.

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

skedar is the second largest isn't it? there is so much ammo and weapons? how about that one?
Confused

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, so played 4 matches against humans just few minutes ago:
Sadly the simulants won't work very well, they have big problems with the elevators. Also few times when we started the map, all just fell in blackness and died in the void. Don't know why this is, it does happen just sometimes.

Also playing capture that happened more often (we played one capture the case and 3 deathmatches), when we tried to play, also sims didn't do any captures.

Level would be nice, but the elevators are big problem, getting to ground floor, it is easier to jump from top in the elevator shaft (in the middle) to get down, getting out from elevator down there is, I think impossible.

This would be great level without the simulants, but I think that they would never "learn" the tricks Very Happy

Cool

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For some reason it doesn't use the proper player spawns from the Intro Block in Capture the Case. This also goes with King of the Hill. Occasianlly it will make you spawn on another coordinate other than what I set for spawn locations. I think this has to do with spawning near your own base automatically, but it gets messed up and therefore spawns you in the void. It does this with every other map of mine so don't worry. It's just that one of the default spawn locations before I modified them (while I was making the setup) turned out to be in pitch blackness.

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait so you're at the PD level editing stage? Nice.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just tried making the dataDyne HQ rooftop as a CTC base, but sadly you will still spawn in the void occasianlly. For some reason, only CTC bases up there and underneath the roof cause this. However, the helipad is a great spot for a CTC base. I am also updating CTC and KOTH locations right now. I chose the big rooms for CTC bases the same rooms for Hills.

Last edited by 00Dark on Sat May 02, 2009 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

try still make the weapons spawns even to whole map...
:/

00Dark

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe that since my levels got better and better each time and that I kept going back to polish up dataDyne Research and such, that the last update to this map could be the final release. I made this map excellent the first couple tries because my skills were improved. I will let everyone know as I play this map over and over again if I notice anything that I want to change before it goes over to GoldenEye Vault's PD section. Once it does, there is really no turning back and I am sick and tired of updating constantly. I really need to check myself. I mean, do I really want to release this to everyone? Hmm... Laughing

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00dark wrote:
I believe that since my levels got better and better each time and that I kept going back to polish up dataDyne Research and such, that the last update to this map could be the final release. I made this map excellent the first couple tries because my skills were improved. I will let everyone know as I play this map over and over again if I notice anything that I want to change before it goes over to GoldenEye Vault's PD section. Once it does, there is really no turning back and I am sick and tired of updating constantly. I really need to check myself. I mean, do I really want to release this to everyone? Hmm... Laughing

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you're not totally satisfied with it, I'd say to continue working on it until you are. There's bound to be something that's still not perfect, but do what you can do. When you finally feel happy with what you've done, let people test it out. Listen to their feedback, consider what they suggest, and tweak it if necessary. Once you've found a good middle-ground and everyone's enjoying it, release your official version. The important thing is that you narrow down any errors, spread the weapons out evenly across the map, and keep the pace going during battles. We won't always agree on what's the best setup, but that's a great place to start.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If you're not totally satisfied with it, I'd say to continue working on it until you are. There's bound to be something that's still not perfect, but do what you can do. When you finally feel happy with what you've done, let people test it out. Listen to their feedback, consider what they suggest, and tweak it if necessary. Once you've found a good middle-ground and everyone's enjoying it, release your official version. The important thing is that you narrow down any errors, spread the weapons out evenly across the map, and keep the pace going during battles. We won't always agree on what's the best setup, but that's a great place to start.

I agree 101%

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag: Can you please replace the GoldenEye Vault screenshot of this level with this brand new one? I would appreciate it very much. The older one shows a a door missing that's now inlcuded and also shows a weapon and ammo box placement that's no longer there. This one's better because it shows off elevator usage.

Thank you! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: