ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

PD v1.1 Mupen64K Save File...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: PD v1.1 Mupen64K Save File... Reply with quote Back to top

Does anybody here have a PD v1.1 save file for Mupen64K with all the fixin's? Every level unlocked, all the cheats accessible, a full Combat Simulator menu? I have everything on my PJ64, by using GS codes, but my Mupen64K is only up to Area 51. I really don't care to play through the rest of the maps, and am in no way going to try for all the cheats. So, if anyone has this file, or knows where to get it, I'd very much appreciate the help. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe this, I had ALMOST perfect save file, but it is gone... only few cheats missing... I probably have installed my mupen again later or something, right now I don't have ANYTHING.
So I would need one too Smile
Anyone got 1964 saves?

Confused

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: PD v1.1 Mupen64K Save File... Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Does anybody here have a PD v1.1 save file for Mupen64K with all the fixin's? Every level unlocked, all the cheats accessible, a full Combat Simulator menu? I have everything on my PJ64, by using GS codes, but my Mupen64K is only up to Area 51. I really don't care to play through the rest of the maps, and am in no way going to try for all the cheats. So, if anyone has this file, or knows where to get it, I'd very much appreciate the help. Smile

Copy Perfect Dark.eep from your PJ64 save directory to your Mupen64 save directory and rename it Perfect Dark (U) (V1.1) [!].eep.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's the thing...
I don't seem to have any save files whatsoever for PJ64. The path given in the settings didn't even exist until a few hours ago, when I added a "Save" folder to the main directory. Where it's getting the data for the ROMs from, I'm not sure.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: PD v1.1 Mupen64K Save File... Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Wreck wrote:

Copy Perfect Dark.eep from your PJ64 save directory to your Mupen64 save directory and rename it Perfect Dark (U) (V1.1) [!].eep.

Yep, eep saves (and other types) are just "dumps" of the game's would-be-a-physical-chip-if-it-was-in-a-physical-cart.
The only difference is mupen names them after the internal ROM name while PJ64 names them after the ROM's filename. They are identical otherwise.
You can probably even use other version's save without problems.
For example, when my passport and action replay lived I got to dump my cart's roms and saves.
The save file I dumped from my PAL GE cart is accepted by both (U) and (E) versions in emulators. In fact, my save seems to be floating arround there. If you ever find a save with an incomplete game in the first slot and a 007 game under it, it's probably my game xD

ANYWAY, here's the save from my cart. It's from PAL version, but it seems they didn't change the format form the NTSC version.
http://www.filedropper.com/perfectdark_1
It's got some cheats including the ones you get from plugging a GB PD cart in a transfer pak (which I did under emulation, of course Razz)

Last edited by radorn on Fri May 01, 2009 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

00Dark

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, so that was your mupen save. Twisted Evil

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: PD v1.1 Mupen64K Save File... Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
The only difference is mupen names them after the internal ROM name while PJ64 names them after the ROM's filename.

PJ64 uses the internal ROM name, Mupen uses the name in its ini file; neither cares about the ROM's filename. Not that it changes your explanation any, I just wanted to point that out.

Wreck, try doing a search for Perfect Dark.eep and see if it turns up anything. If this is your machine with Vista make sure you tell it to search everywhere if it doesn't turn up anything the first time. Speaking of Vista, if you have UAC on it may have put it into Users/[yourname]/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/Project64/save. Vista does this so each user can have their own configuration files, but I think it prevents programs from writing anything in subdirectories of Program Files.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My edits are so slow that many people get to answer while I'm edditing xD
here's the save... again
http://www.filedropper.com/perfectdark_1

00dark wrote:
Ah, so that was your mupen save. Twisted Evil

So you have it too. I gave it to Commandant and now many people seem to have it xD. In case you are wondering, the incomplete game serves no purpose, it was just my NEW game. You can erase it safely and copy the complete game over. Another user of my save seemed to have that doubt.

Just wanted to comment that, as it seems from the experience I just acquired doing this, I can state that both GE and PD cart internal saves are USA<>EUR interoperable. Probably JAP too, but I haven't tried.
Controller Pak saves are region "protected", though, but that's probably only a matter of changing a region flag through HEX editting.

And, thanks for the correction about the emulators' save filenames. I realized my error about PJ64 while doing this, but I didn't know mupen depended on the ini file instead. Since tended to use goodnamed roms only (when I had a good PC that emulated n64 well, that is) I assumed the save filename depended on the rom's filename.
I mixed up PJ64 and my erroneous perception about mupen xD

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, that's where the PJ64 saves were hiding. You were right about them being stored in the "AppData" section. I was able to copy it over to Mupen64K without any problems. The Warehouse map is still unavailable, as it is with PJ64, but I'm guessing that the flag for it was never tripped. Maybe those incomplete challenges are to blame.

Anyways, thanks for sending me in the right direction, DB! Very Happy

radorn

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The Warehouse map is still unavailable, as it is with PJ64, but I'm guessing that the flag for it was never tripped.

my save has all levels in multi and all missions available except the one unlocked by the completion of "Perfect" difficulty level.
All firing ranges are completed too.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
Wreck wrote:
The Warehouse map is still unavailable, as it is with PJ64, but I'm guessing that the flag for it was never tripped.

my save has all levels in multi and all missions available except the one unlocked by the completion of "Perfect" difficulty level.
All firing ranges are completed too.

You don't have "war!" ?? or do you mean perfect agent?

radorn

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't completed the 3rd difficulty level, so I'm missing whatever bonus mission you get after that.

Try the save and see for yourself.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
And, thanks for the correction about the emulators' save filenames. I realized my error about PJ64 while doing this, but I didn't know mupen depended on the ini file instead. Since tended to use goodnamed roms only (when I had a good PC that emulated n64 well, that is) I assumed the save filename depended on the rom's filename.
I mixed up PJ64 and my erroneous perception about mupen xD

One thing I forgot to mention, if a ROM isn't in Mupen's ini it will use the internal name, and append (unknown rom) onto it. That's actually the only reason I knew it was using the name in the ini and not the filename. It does the same thing for the ROM name when playing online, which caused a ton of trouble with custom stages until I started maintaining my own ini.

radorn

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice if you could have, like, a directory for a given game that contained a single-game .ini and all roms in the folder are applied the configs in it. That way one could add as many hacks for a game as needed by just dropping roms in that folder.
Patch file compatibility could be added also, and applied on the fly instead of having multiple roms, at least for finalized hacks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: