ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER]Area 51 - Full level conversion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER]Area 51 - Full level conversion Reply with quote Back to top

Right now I have a work in progress that is Area 51 (entire level) for PD multiplayer. It'll probably make my other ones seem retarded. I'm happy to announce this.

Last edited by 00Dark on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:21 am; edited 5 times in total

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD Hacking seems a lot more ambitious. I like it. But I don't get what this is, a modified setup? Is PD hacking being done to port stuff to GE or just to do the same stuff done to GE?

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am doing the same stuff that was done in GoldenEye for Perfect Dark. We all want PD to finally be up to speed with GoldenEye so I am making custom setups for multiplayer maps in solo arenas. I wish people like fantsu knew how to use the current features that the alpha editor has. I've have definately gotten the program working fine.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00dark, you are our best hope to create something new to PD, you don't even know how much I appreciate you work.
My friends keep asking "who is this guy, who makes these wonderful levels?".

I'm not complaining, I just want to point things I have seen, playing these maps. You can forget all that crap I have been saying, these maps are great.

Keep 'em coming!

Very Happy

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First few tries of this map:

This map IS AWESOME!
Probably the best sniper map ever!
Even better than krijys Crash Site....

There are just so many nice places to camp....

Twisted Evil

And like you said it works better with only players, the sims doesn't seem to know, how to open the lift doors... and they get stuck... :/

From this tower to inside there... I just wish that there would be snipe rifle, slot 1 sniper gives you sniper here quite close at least... Smile

On the other side... yeah, like you said, this place needs weapon...

Is it possible to open these doors from locks, and make the cargo elevator go all the three floors, just like the small lift?

Only bug that I found, this elevator is messed up somehow...
There is much stuff floating in the air.

Great job 00dark!
Very Happy

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those locked doors connect to the outer part of the map, which has been ported as well. If they opened would the map be too big?

This is awesome by the way, I really hope the PD online scene takes off after all this hard work

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, I haven't had a chance to test this, but it appears as though something about either the sliding door or the lift itself is glitching up. Maybe an incorrect detail in the object block? I'd have to look into it when I'm able to get those lift/door connections going in a couple days.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finally made patch for it!
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=174
I had to replace Skedar, Random wasn't working.

Apply to PD1.1

00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why did you just get up and make a patch? This map wasn't ready. It wasn't complete because it was way too large with weapon placements spread out way too far and elevators were too slow and doors weren't linked to elevators. Spawns were minimal in quantity which was really lacking and I was planning on asking Wreck to delete this topic so I could redo the map and divide it up into two or more parts. I probably could have called it "Area 51 Outside" for the first one. The whole arena is way too large for an entire map.

I also cannot even get this patch working. It says it's an unknown error, possibly an input ROM CRC mismatch. I want to try it out because I am not sure whether you finished this map or not. If you did and that was your reason for making the patch, then I'm glad you completed it. If not then allow me to finish it up so you can update GE Vault since it's already on there. Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't finish it, just tell me when it's done and I'll overwrite on vault. Thought was done.

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm working on a fullzone level right now. I just began with Infiltration and I'm restoring all the doors; I'm just copying them from the original mission setups using multiple instances of the setup editor and cleverness. It'll look like a fully accessible and complete Area 51 with every object in place and blah, blah, blah, etc.

I did include hoverbikes in the places where they just appeared in the missions. The Area 51 interceptors are basically hoverbikes instead and the Area 51 - Escape hoverbike is in place ( so there's one inside the base for mobility too). I also have just put the Maian SOS and Rescue hovercrate in it's spot for completely identical porting procedure. I'll include the Maian saucer in the secret hangar and also put the Maian hoverbed gurnies in the autopsy labs. It's basically pretty straightforward and simple, but tedious and takes time.

I'm in a little bit of a bind with webspace. I *WAS* using XTHost, but they're shutting that down and I can't use freakin Megaupload to post screnshots. As soon as I figure this one out I'll post some.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The entire Area 51 level as a Combat Simulator map? Shocked
That thing would take forever to navigate, and running into opponents would also require a bit of time. King of the Hill matches would be pretty much pointless, since the first person there would get the point (within the standard twenty second counter). Capture the Flag would also be quite a trek. It may be cool having the whole map accessible, but I think the overwhelming size could make for slow goings in a multiplayer setting.

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it is one of the first levels i patched and it worked pretty well
-
it is weird that Wreck just replyed about it.

this level is very weird becasue even tho its giant, the slow down is not so much in the patch i tried.

(maybe its because its mostly and hangars rooms instead of outside open places)

i think it can handle combat sim bots pretty well if slowdown its not so much

Spawn points must be very carefully planned for the huge thing to have balance

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excuse me everyone, but I've been a dead-beat with the PD levels! Embarassed

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You just needed a little break in order to refresh your creativity. I'm sure we'll see some more custom PD Combat Simulator maps from you, so long as there's still some desire inside you to make them. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: