ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[WIP] Carrington Villa: Interior (Multi) [PD Port]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 3:53 am    Post subject: [WIP] Carrington Villa: Interior (Multi) [PD Port] Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone!

After a four month break from the hacking scene, I've started work on a new Perfect Dark port (which was initially planned towards the end of last year).

It is the Carrington Villa: Interior, whicht will feature objects from the Villa level itself (thanks to Wreck), and should hold a 4 player match without much lag!

Pics to come within the next few days! Very Happy

(Plus, a re-release of PD Complex is on the way soon!!!)

Last edited by Kode-Z on Mon May 04, 2009 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of the most played maps in PD (I mean the krijy's map) by me and my friends, nice, waiting already...
Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, I may not be able to properly port two of the objects from the Villa; the wooden door and wooden table. They both use internal textures, rather than calling upon those stored at the end of the ROM. My attempts at the door have left me with texture errors. The objects will look fine from some angles, and then quite nasty from others. The only way to describe it, is that it's a scrambled neon mess. So, if these two models can't be ported correctly, we may need to settle for the wooden door from Train, and the coffee table from PD.

Anyways, I look forward to seeing your progress, Kode-Z. Just let me know when you'll need the props and I'll work them into your Villa ROM / GE Visual Editor.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Anyways, I look forward to seeing your progress, Kode-Z. Just let me know when you'll need the props and I'll work them into your Villa ROM / GE Visual Editor.

Will do Wreck - thanks again!

EDIT: Does anyone have screenshots of Krijy's Carrington Villa multi level, I could use it for reference if people would like me to. (For example; spawn locations, weapon placement etc).

r.e.l. 237
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Villa and Carrington Villa aren't the same right? Just checking.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

r.e.l. 237 wrote:
Villa and Carrington Villa aren't the same right? Just checking.

No, they aren't.

Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're both Villa's, but only one is Carrington's. However, I quite often refer to the maps as Villa and Villa CS. I just tack "CS" onto all of the Combat Simulator map names, just to be sure no one gets mixed up.

Kode-Z: You could always grab the codes from Krijy's PD Level Modding FAQ for his interior Villa, then check it out in PJ64 for a first-person look. That'd probably give you the best sense of where everything is laid out.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Having just spent 15 minutes trimming Carrington's Villa down by deleting a large chunk of rooms, in the event of saving the rooms a lot of "missing .bmp" messages popped up, and eventually crashed the Editor.

I now have to delete the rooms again! Is there a way around these missing .bmp's?!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's something odd about some of the sizes in Villa, I'm not sure why it fails to load the bitmaps. They're the 65 x 65. Unfortunately it doesn't backup bgfiles.

Did you export the room positions file? That's prob more useful than saving as rooms since it redoes them prob poorly?

I'm sorry about crashing, it seems to have memory problems with the large levels, especially when moving a lot of data.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I did "File, Save As Project + Rooms".

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think that normally works for PD levels, because it reoutputs all of the rooms in my format, without the fancy Rare commands. I'd recommend doing it via the room positions, then reexporting the bgfile

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, done that and it worked!

Now I can commence! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: