ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

DeleD CE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Extracting Polygons (unmerging objects)

I feel kind of stupid for not noticing this tool before. Select an object with multiple polygons, then switch to polygon mode and select a polygon in that object. Click Extract in the toolbar, and confirm at the bottom (delete the original poly if you wish), this will give you a copy of that polygon that isn't merged to the existing object. If you delete the original polys you can essentially "unmerge" an object by doing this.

PS3 God
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

how do import the goldeneye textures to it.and how do i select an object to change the texture?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I already covered textures a few posts back, the post about importing levels. You either need to stick them in the same directory as your map, or in C:\Program Files\DeleD\Textures\[Map Name]. Changing textures is simple, select an object (shift + left click), then click the materials tab and pick a new texture.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's some tips after using it for some days:

ALWAYS ALWAYS SAVE. If the program is starting to act weird, save it as a new file and restart the program. The save might get corrupted, it happened to me once, so be sure to not rewrite your only file time after time. If you suspect something, save as a new file.

Keep your left hand on the keyboard. Or if you're left-handed, right hand. You'll be pressing alt, ctrl and shift til kingdom come.

I've set "Minor grid-line size" to 8. That way, 3 units high will be a rail, 6 units high will be a door. Imported with the Dam scale, that is.

Certain primitives will let points snap to the grid automatically. Those are poly-line, rectangle, cube and pyramid. The other primitives are more arbitrary when it comes to the grid.

Before exporting, you'll probably want to triangulate the map. This will delete the already existing triangles in the process. It's strange, but that's how it is. So when you've triangulated, make sure you fill the holes that might've appeared.

For me, sometimes the options to choose between camera viewpoint and UV view disappears. Maybe that's just me, but if it happens for you, just restart.

Remember, if the ground you're supposed to walk on is slightly slanted, you'll have to convert it manually in GeEdit to clipping tiles. Flat ground will make the clipping work easier for you.

If you're map too big/too small, don't sweat it. As long as it's in scale, it'll work out eventually, since you can choose what scale to use when importing into the Geeditor.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's strange, I've never run into any issues with corrupted saves. I'll be a bit more cautious from now one since you brought it up, I already make fairly regular backups but it'll be a good idea to get in the habit of saving under a different name after adding a lot of things.

I never actually bother with triangulation, the setup editor seems take care of that when you import. I actually found the obj export plugin will occasionally give an error when you tell it to triangulate for no good reason (I haven't reported it yet, because I can't figure out what actually causes it).

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really want to import facility into DELED but the Export Full Level to obj aint there in 2.3.....

Any help?

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to get the object import plugin, and put into DeleD's Plugins directory.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its ok DB, ES told me hopw to export levels into DeleD just didnt know you had to right click the level

and i do have the OBJ importer

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I just reread your post and noticed the "2.3." I didn't realize you meant exporting from the setup editor.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I imported a .obj file to deled and it is taking up most of my cpu, and is running really really slow. Is there anyway to improve performance?

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DeleD crashes everytime I select an object with an error "Access violation at address 00000000. read of address 00000000".

So far XSI hasn't work and now Deled. Any other options for map making?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you using the latest version? There were some access violation errors in the first 2.0 release, but I think they've been worked out now (and that was only related to scaling materials through the sidebar).

Speaking of DeleD, I should post a little warning here: Undo does not undo Copy for some reason. If you copy an object, and then undo it, nothing happens. That object is still there. I just found a room where I must've copied the entire thing accidentally (space is quick copy, I probably hit that instead of Alt and didn't realize it), and had twice as many polys in there as I should've. Luckily it's very obvious in-game when you've done this.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using the most recent version of the Lite editor. I had 2.1 installed and I just installed the 2.3 update. I'll try a fresh install and see if I get the same error.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Try making a post on the DeleD forums. I've never had anything like that happen before.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. How fast is it generally to get a response?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: