ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

DeleD CE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I got responses from the developers fairly quickly over there. You're likely going to have to go back and forth with someone for a while until you can pin down what's causing it.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I made a post on the DeleD forums, but if anyone here would be willing to test something out for me:

1. Insert multiple objects. Merge them, and save as a new scene.

2. Switch to polygon mode, select multiple polygons and Extract them.

3. Without deselecting the extracted polygons, switch to object mode and hit the Delete key.

4. See if you get an access violation plus this mess that requires a restart to clear up.

5. If not, try selecting another object or polygon, see if it happens then.

6. If not, reload the scene and try again a few times.

If you do get the access violation, make note of the address given for me. I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with DeleD itself or my hardware/drivers.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i wud help but i need to redownload the editor befor i can do that Dragonsbrethren

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I made a post on the DeleD forums, but if anyone here would be willing to test something out for me:

1. Insert multiple objects. Merge them, and save as a new scene.

2. Switch to polygon mode, select multiple polygons and Extract them.

3. Without deselecting the extracted polygons, switch to object mode and hit the Delete key.

4. See if you get an access violation plus this mess that requires a restart to clear up.

5. If not, try selecting another object or polygon, see if it happens then.

6. If not, reload the scene and try again a few times.

If you do get the access violation, make note of the address given for me. I'm trying to figure out if this is a problem with DeleD itself or my hardware/drivers.

Did not cause a crash on my computer. I'm running Windows 7, AMD Phenom X4 processor, 2 GB RAM, and have an ATI Raedon 4200 series graphics card. Were you using the most recent version of Deled?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I got a similar answer over at the forums. I'm going to see if I can pin down to specific procedure to reproduce this, since it happened about four times last night alone. Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly what I did before it happened each time, outside of extracting, deleting, and selecting again.

Edit: Finally pinned it down:

http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4017

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Modeling at 1.0 Scale (On a Grid) in DeleD

Another feature that I've embarrassingly overlooked. In the options menu, there are two fields: Major gridline size and Minor gridline size The major gridline option, which I did know about, only affects the darker grid that is always shown on the viewports. It serves as a nice guideline, and should be set to something the syncs up with your current grid. Minor, however, corresponds to your current grid size, and it scales itself up and down automatically. If you have a 16x16 grid enabled, and change it to 10, then the 8x8 grid will become 5x5, the 32x32 grid will become 20x20, etc. Basically, this allows you to change the grid to power of whatever, instead of power of two. It should be noted, however, that if you set the second to lowest grid (2) to 5, then lowest will be 2, and dropping to that will throw every other grid off, making them into powers of 2 again. You can't have a 2.5 grid, nor would you want one; you'd get rounding errors in GE. The solution, of course, is to make the smallest size you want to work at the smallest grid, but even that isn't perfect.

Now, using this information, you can model directly at 1.0 scale, although it'll likely take little more work than usual, since you'll need to fight with the grid a bit if you want to use a grid size that isn't a power of whatever number you chose. Personally, I think it's easier to just stick with the default power of two grid, since it scales up and down perfectly (probably why it's so prevalent), and then let GE scale it up or down to 1.0. If we start mapping for Perfect Dark and no way to enable stage scale is found, though, this will be very useful information.

Texturing a Diagonal Railing

So you want a nice-looking diagonal railing, but have no idea how to do it? The easiest way: make your railing straight horizontally as long as you plan on having it be, instead of diagonal. Now texture it exactly how you would any other horizontal railing. Afterward, grab and edge and move it down where you want it, creating the diagonal railing. You'll probably need to scale U a bit (I scaled by 90; 10%) and move V (-16 in my case), but you should have a diagonal railing that looks identical to the ones in GE.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did DeleD ever support vertice color export in obj files? It's really a shame if not.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Missed your post; no, they never did.

---

Version 2.42 is out now, fixes the AV bug I mentioned above along with a few others:

http://www.delgine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4116

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What was the A/V bug?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Version 2.3 added polygon highlighting in the 3D viewport. Unfortunately, it introduced a nasty bug that would cause an access violation if you manipulated a polygon while it was still highlighted. Completely screwed up the graphics driver, which required you to restart Windows to fix the corruption. Screenshot.

---

The source for the plugins is going to be released soon. Maybe we can get multilayered materials working on OBJ import/export. Do you have any experience with Delphi?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, if we can get it building could surely change it though.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What would be really cool would be if a plugin could be written to export directly to GE format. DeleD does support true vertex coloring, unlike OBJ that only supports it on a per-tri basis. It would be really cool to be able to do finalized lighting while modeling, instead of needing to wait until it's 100% done. I looked into writing a plugin before, but the documentation was very poor.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah cool. i am working with deled too and this is very helpful, who those, who want make a extend level like runway, dam, facility, bunker....
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have a level i ben working on forever its done but it wont load in the Goldeneye editor yet its the Aztec and Complex put to getter it looks so cool if you what to see some pics of it go look for my Thred call The Best Level i made that war some pics are.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great i will take a look on that
Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: