ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

DeleD CE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.

I've been working on a new multi level (pics here and here) but I failed doing the .obj files.

Now I'm trying DeleD hoping I can use part of what I did. I've fixed the polygon mesh but when I try to apply textures the program doesn't recognize the .bmp files I've extracted from the GE rom. Should I asign other textures and then edit the .mtl file with the ones I want?

Also, i don't know how to group the polys in rooms. If I do "Edit -> Grouping -> Group objects" I can't rename the selection and the items ungroup when I click elsewere. The mesh I'm working with was originally from AutoCAD, so I've the polys grouped by layers corresponding with the rooms. Would that work or should I group the polys with a DeleD tool?

Thanks for the help.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DeleD's groups are something specific to it, and don't get included in the obj export. What you want to do is select the geometry you want to group like you are now, but use the merge tool instead. You can then rename the new object this creates in the object tab.

For bipmaps, it only accepts certain bit depths. You can either convert them to a depth it does support (or just use other textures) and then replace them in the mtl file.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Dragonsbrethren.

Now I can load my map in the GE Setup Editor but it looks like this. While texturing in DeleD, the polygons just changed colour and didn't show the texture, but I though it was some kind of preview and didn't bothered. Maybe that's what caused it.
Also, I had to texture poly by poly, is there a way to select a number of polys and texture them all at once?

Here are the files if you/someone wants to take a look.

Thank you for your help.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you save as project and reload it with the ROM with textures? It won't show textures till then. Or it could be your u,vs are off.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Did you save as project and reload it with the ROM with textures? It won't show textures till then. Or it could be your u,vs are off.

I have done it now and the result is the same. I think it has something to do with texturing in DeleD.
I have exported the level to Super Mario 64 and it displays the same. Just colours, no textures.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm...

Ok try resizing the textures to 32x32 in it because they may be to big and it may be stretch in game or in editors.

And if that don't work make shere there 256 bit color to.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I figured out what was happenning.
It was an issue with the way I imported the .3ds mesh into DeleD. I selected to import the UV coordinates instead of Ignore them (and autogenerate them). I can actually retexture my current mesh by "Edit Mode -> Face Mode -> Gen. UV" going poly by poly, but the results aren't as good.

Here are some images:
-A reimported mesh with UV coordinates ignored:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/GESENoPlace01.jpg?t=1300549125
-Generating UV coords poly by poly:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/GESENoPlace02.jpg?t=1300548838
-Some issues with textures, I think it's because the texture repeats too much times on the same polygon. I'll have to take a look at it.
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/GESENoPlace03.jpg?t=1300548838
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/GESENoPlace04.jpg?t=1300548839

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool! Yeah, if the u,vs are too large a number, it causes that effect. I think there's a way to lower it, but I'm not sure how exactly in the model editor, I think you just sort of recenter it.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well done.

I like how it turning out pls do keep us updated as much as you can.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey i have allready 16 bit files for deled, but when importing a map, it still say it doesnt support 16 bit files ??

Alec: Fate

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow long time no see DF Ank1. Good to hear that you still want to work on maps.

Anyway to save you the trubel on this. DeleD only works with JPG images.

So if you want to use the images you need to convert into JPG or something other then BMP.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.

I'm having some issues while texturing a ramp. The weird thing is that I did it before and nothing like that happened. Here's an image to summarize what I'm going to explain.

This likely happens when the ramp doesn't follow the direction of the cartesian coords in any axes. It's like the texture is not in the same plane as the polys, and when I rotate the texture it does it in a weird way.
Is there a way to fix it?
As you can see, I textured before the same ramp in the same conditions, but the texture rotated fine. Is there a way to copy that ramp and paste it to my current file?

Thanks.

DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh hey EA yes i was a longer time not online because i was in the **** militarsy. but now im finish FINALLY Smile.

Yes i want finally create a new Map. Or learning a little bit. I make now some extrude experiments in the hope to be faster or make better looking rooms. or get more better abilitys in extending level for exampel facility or add new level. i really want to make 1 of those things. Mhm but how i said i first have to learn. Now i have problems to give an object a texture (a cube or something else don´t accept the texture i click in the material editor i don´t know.

Damn my english is worse then ever i really have to learn ^^

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DF Ank1
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ohh and EA it´s working now with importing the bmp. files. It wasn´t the filetype. the reason was that all the images had 8 bit and i convert them into 24 bit. it´s the only type of bit who´s working.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh thanks for telling me that you fix it DF Ank1. Smile

I forgot how to do that stuff since i kinda retire of makeing maps and devoted my time here to help others out now.

Hm one day soon thu i may start a new map just for fun and get it done.

Anyway got a project in mind so far DF Ank1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: