ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Adaptoid or another kind of usb port?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Adaptoid or another kind of usb port? Reply with quote Back to top

I want order this USB port to plug N64 controller for my computer but I wonder what it would be better, the Adaptoid (I already downloaded features) or another adapter like I can plug N64 controller and PS2 controller.

radorn

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The adaptoid is the absolute best and most complete N64 controller adapter available for PC... if you can get hold of one, that is.

Apart from Direct-X support, it has it's own access library which sees use in a specific input plugin for n64 emulators so controllers are accessed directly (including PAKs of any kind), and also offers additional functionality like a "dexdrive-like" drag'n'drop game note manager from within windows explorer for your controller paks.

Commandant
General
General

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Myself and numerous others (including wreck and subdrag) ordered adaptoids from the site which was "selling" them (ztnet), which has now disappeared along with many people's money. Ebay is probably the only place you'll find them now (and expect to pay a LOT for one). The N64/PSX adapter does the job well enough, I've used one for years plus they're pretty cheap.

The drawback with the N64/PSX adapter is it won’t work with all n64 pads: only 2 of my 5 official pads work. It's pot luck if your pad(s) will work.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I might have to just order one of those. It's pretty obvious that our Adaptoids won't be arriving in this lifetime (or in any other), so I might as well go for something that I know I'll actually get. I have two official grey controllers, and two other third-party ones. Hopefully, it'd work with one of those.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I might have to just order one of those. It's pretty obvious that our Adaptoids won't be arriving in this lifetime (or in any other), so I might as well go for something that I know I'll actually get. I have two official grey controllers, and two other third-party ones. Hopefully, it'd work with one of those.

I have one of those, from before I got the adaptoids, and only nintendo controllers have a chance of working well.
third party ones never worked for me, and not all official controllers work nor the working ones work all the time.

One thing I experienced with mine is that it seems to work better if you give it a good "heat up". Leave it allways connected and it will probably not cause so much trouble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: