ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

BETA Perfect Dark footage! (E3 1999) [And BETA pic]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Comment on the first video:

Quote:
lol wow a perfect dark version of scotland the brave from timesplitters in the end

Surprisingly, it's true! I must not have watched this with sound on the first time, or I would've picked right up on that - it's my favorite track in TS3! I know Graeme Norgate worked on both games, but who would've thought unused PD music made it in to TS3? I'm half-tempted to drop him an email about it.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm very nice. Maybe Tent was supposed to be Mr Blond if you guys know what I mean....and is there a way we can replace the "new" Carrington Institute with the old one? Or atleast replace the elevators.....just wondering

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the TS3 Scotland the Brave, for comparison purposes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoOl8LjxMFs

Free Radical used to have the entire soundtracks up for download, but their site just redirects to Crytek now, and the old downloads are gone.

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
Here's the TS3 Scotland the Brave, for comparison purposes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoOl8LjxMFs

Free Radical used to have the entire soundtracks up for download, but their site just redirects to Crytek now, and the old downloads are gone.

Free Radical....man, I loved TS2.....

Also, Scotland rules Very Happy

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been too obsessed with this the past few days: I just sent off an email to Graeme Norgate. Hopefully he'll reply with what it was intended for.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazingly fast reply:

Quote:
Hi Chris,

I'd forgotten about that E3 trailer!

When I was originally working on Perfect Dark, I had a lot of sketches of tracks that were never completely finished, or assigned levels, I was just working on ideas that I could later tailor if possible to finished levels.

The Deep Sea track, I personally really liked, but when I left Rare, the boss decided to scrap that track as he never liked it... his company, he can do what the hell he likes Smile

The Scotland the Brave track, I also liked, but I never finished it for Perfect Dark so it never made the final rom.

When TS3 was being made, I remembered the old Perfect Dark idea, and decided that it would really suit that level... so a big instrumentation revamp to make it sound more Scottish, and the track finally saw the light of day.

Hope that clears up the confusion

Happy New Year!

Regards
Graeme

www.graemenorgate.com
http://graemenorgate.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/grey242
http://www.myspace.com/grey242
http://www.youtube.com/user/grey242

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can hardly believe it, but almost everything needed for that Skedar scene is still in the final setup! The only things I needed to add were two guards. Once they were given the proper IDs, action blocks, and assigned to (what I believe to be) the correct pads, it all just worked. The Shocktrooper and Maian will each spawn clones and their weapons. The Maians walk toward the starting pad of the path they're assigned to follow, when they see the Shocktroopers. A huge battle will then take place between them, just like in the trailer.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L970j_Omeo#t=1m16s&fmt=18

Then apply this patch and select Defection:

http://dkk.slickproductions.org/files/goldeneye/pd/skedarsolo.zip

(Note: You'll need a save that has Defection completed. For some reason, unless you've completed the Defection mission already, you can't select any difficulty to start on. Also be sure to change the settings in PJ64 to match an unmodified PD ROM.)

Make a right turn and follow the Maians down the corridor. Once the action starts, run ahead, turn right, then do a 180 and tell me that isn't the same scene as the trailer!

There are a number of other unused things in this setup. For one, there are five additional paths. There is another action block for a guard who would walk to a pad set in their object data, but also seek out Joanna. There are pads for crates, pads that could be for guards, and of course the drawbridges that ended up making it in the GE port. I didn't bother adding any of those things to this particular patch. It would be cool if someone made a real mission using this setup though. I think it was probably only made as a test of allied guards. It might be a prototype of WAR!, but I doubt it, given how early in development that trailer is from.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is AWESOME!!! I always wondered about this level, and thought it was the remnants of a long lost skedar level. It seems from this setup, it was really just a test bed. Those Maians also go down rather easily, and I guess we always envisioned so much more from that skedar beta video. I always knew about this setup, I just forgot to look at it.

There are a ton of odd and weird setups/pads in PD, it's about time we found something interesting.

fantsu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

awesome job mr!
I want this as an whole mission!
Surprised
3 objectives:
1.Kill Trent Easton
2.Kill Mr. Blonde
3.Kill Skedar King
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

splendid! great find, DB

by the way, I have recently acquired from various sources quite a considerable ammount of n64 (and other systems) promo videos, and there's a french one that has quite long and high quality footage of that.
I should upload it somewhere in time, but I'm having some computer "troubles" as of now, so I can't do it right away. It won't take too long, hopefully.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to seeing them, radorn.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You notice in the first level, there is no silencer at the fron't of the gun, leaving it a Falcon 2.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW, all the aliens in the old skedar (Now known as the multi). I am pretty sure Skedar [Multiplayer] was the Skedar back then, but then they made a better map and changed it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like there is more beta.
Usetupold

has something like a brief animation/swirl, and something with 3 metal crates. Pad file is empty, so who knows which supposed to be. Also oddly missing start point.

What's most bizarre is that it has a 0x0C00 0x0401 block only (which are identical).

I still can't figure out what sets things' location with FFFF pad originally defined.

Also, it's interesting, this block seems to do special fx cut-scene, show crate, wait for button, then repeat a couple times.

Pipes has a tiny solo, with almost nothing, sewers too, with elevators, and ravine. Think was mentioned before this was probably to test elevators? area 52 cs virtually nothing/Usetuplen virtually nothing. Skedar was this thread. G5 cs tiny.

Last edited by SubDrag on Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone remember that really simple beta PD level which was two squares and a blue sky? Anyone remember how to access it? Seems to be lost in editor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: