ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Control Styles...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Control Styles... Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm now growing an obsession for making speed runs in GoldenEye. This is something I've never cared about in the past, but have since caught interest. Watching videos from the fastest guys on the planet always puts me in awe. The way they can jet through a stage, strafe past enemies, hurl objects into the distance, and kill bosses with pin-point accuracy, makes you want to be better. Sure, it'll throw you off at first, wondering how the heck can I compete with this person? Once you know the quickest route around the map, the rest is all up to you mastering the controls. Here are the three most common styles used by the best...

1.1 Honey: Default control style. Analog to move, C-Pad to look.
1.2 Solitaire: Secondary control mode. C-Pad to move, Analog to look.
Cruise Control: While using the 1.1 Honey setting, down is made the standard. This way you will always be moving forward, even through turns.

Most of us are probably used to Honey, which is what those of us have been using since we picked up the game. CC is the same, except for the fact that you keep moving at all times. You're unable to walk backwards, which can be strange feeling when you try it out. Solitaire is very different, however. The movement operations are flipped around. The analog becomes your looking control, while you now move about with the C-Pad. Holding C-Up almost constantly in most missions. Aiming can be a confusing experience.

Since trying all of these styles, the results of my best Dam Agent runs are as follows...

1.1: 1:01
1.2: 0:56
CC: 0:56

Both my aim and confidence with Solitaire are still a bit shakey, so hopefully I'll be able to shave off another second from my time. I tell you, that 1:55 has been laughing at me all night. Confused

Kastro187420
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... I seem to do better with just the normal setting, although sometimes after playing games like Armourines Project S.W.A.R.M. I have to switch to the 1.2 configuration until I can get use to the regular goldeneye config...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ptb
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The default... works good, I also use kissy somtimes, I believe it's 1.3

Sit down, shut up, and toak!

I'm in the hauhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

D.J Cat
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am still wondering what the best control style to use is, I've been randomly trying 1.2 Solitare for the last 4 years or so, mostly to save wear on the controller.

When I switch from a Turok game or Armorines I have no trouble in getting used to the controles in an instant.

I immediatly pick up Goldeneye and must think, "control stick does this, C buttons do this" while playing Turok it make smore sense with those controles.

Hope I make sense...

Also, I have to ask what is the best for Multiplayer combat?
1.1 or 1.2?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: