ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How to load the Visual Editor on Vista

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: How to load the Visual Editor on Vista Reply with quote Back to top

For all those who are having problems (i had the same problem)
The way to load up Visual Editor is not to click on any windows up or any on the sidebar etc or this will cause it to have an error message

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never had any problem running the setup editor on Vista. It needs to be run as an administrator, but that's the only issue I ever remember running into.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I've never had any problem running the setup editor on Vista. It needs to be run as an administrator, but that's the only issue I ever remember running into.

when i loaded up Visual Editor, it always said Lost g_pd3ddevice if i clicked anywhere else

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I have run into that before, but it's usually when I have other programs in the background taking up resources. I usually get it with the image tools, not the visual editor.

PS3 God
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If your running it in administrator when your loading the visual editor
try not clicking anything else.Happens to me all the time.But never
on my Windows xp Question

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, you just need to be patient while the GoldenEditor loads. The three most notable places are: Image Tools, 21990 Modifications, and the Visual Window. If you click somewhere while it is processing, chances are it will encounter an error. But if you wait it out, everything should be fine.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All i can say to this is save often, back-up often. When you use it enough you find ways to avoid most errors, im sure those ways and situations vary from PC to PC. But still, the unavoidable crash will happen. i cant stress it enough, save and backup after every little thing. it might not seem important to save after each little thing. But one little thing leads to another. And before you realize it, hours worth of little details going down the drian is enough to make one break something(a mouse in my case). so ya. save backup. the extra 5 seconds saveing and backing up is worth the hours of work that could be lost.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For reference, the editor autosaves to I think backup folder, but I still highly recommending saving often esp. during bg mods/conversions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: