ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MISSION] - Island
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: [MISSION] - Island Reply with quote Back to top

This should be moved to objective complete

So I have just finished my latest map 'Island'. It should be available in the vault within a day or so. But since it utilizes some effects not availible with all plugins, ive created a video of it to show how I intended it to be viewed.

spoiler alert!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1N-O8Yb1Gw

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=171

Played on 00 agent, at a slow pace, the way i figure someone might go about playing it. Not the best of quality so be sure to grab the patch when its up.

heres some screen shots

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This map is amazing.
Personally, i had no idea a custom map this large and detailed could run so well, so i suppose you put in a tremendous amount of work in XSI, so hats off to you for that.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the patch?

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks great compared to the beta you sent me; the lighting and shadowing really adds a lot. This should be a featured level on the Vault, it's certainly set the bar a lot higher for custom maps.

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This level looks amazing - I can't wait to play it!

The lighting looks really good, too!

monkeyface

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Incredible! Started to watch the movie but then quit it, because I realized that I wanted to try it first. From the screenshots I can tell that it looks good at least, going to download and comment about it then.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This level is FANTASTIC and is well deserving of its featured status.
Without further ado:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=171

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's the little things which make this so good - fence reflection, lighting, vents, and many more.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks terrific. I can't wait to play it.
Congratulations for such a great work, TimEh!!

EDIT: Damn cammeras, it's the second time I die because of them xD!
EDIT2: Man, you have done such a good job with the geometry that even I can run it at the full 60fps, unlike the normal levels that run at like 40, and the level still looks so nice!
Anyway, as with other hacked levels, it keeps crashing.
I haven't been able to finish this yet. First two tries I died because of cammeras and the next two the game crashed Sad.
I'm using pj641.6, by the way, and jabo's plugin.

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whew! finally managed to beat it on all difficulties.
the rescue part on 00 agent is practically impossible on the keyboard (for me at least), i can make it through the entire level unscathed, but i usually die/make it out of that room with 1/3 of my health left. Because of that last room, i probably had to play through the level 6-7 times on 00 agent, but it remained consistently entertaining.

but WOW, you managed to map that in less than two days?
it took me 4 week days to make the geometry for compound, and that is a very small, simple map compared to this (not to mention it has not been optimized with XSI). If i may ask, do you have any tips to become more efficient making level geometry?

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well im glad you all like it. Makes it feel worth while sitting in my basement for a month yelling at my computer monitor like borris " SPEAK TOOO MEEE!!"

Quote:
EDIT: Damn cammeras, it's the second time I die because of them xD!

haha ya i put those cameras in places so that its very hard. Well cuz we've all been playin this game for many years and every orig 007 level is a joke now. But they wernt always. After playing and playing we finaly memorized everything. I wanted to make this a little hard for people at first. Just like the old levels you would play, youd get so far and you would trip a camera or something and start over again. then get to that point, continue some more untill the next obstical. This, and with listing my par times i felt would add some replayability to the level. This map was a lot harder at first but it seemed too unfair. But i left the cameras where they were. They can see you when they really shouldnt, but we all know how this game works and how baddies shoot. Doesnt matter if you can see them, but if your on a straight line of a clip tile from them to you, look-out!!

Quote:
EDIT2: Man, you have done such a good job with the geometry that even I can run it at the full 60fps, unlike the normal levels that run at like 40, and the level still looks so nice!

ya i spent more time takeing away than creating. I made 1/2 the level in hammer. What hammer spit out slowed the game to a crawl. I pretty much deleted everything hammer made one by one and replaced it with a more efficient polygon placement. Then i sliced it up for my shadows. My budget was 15 fps on my pc. When it dropped below that I had to optimize. Geometry alone isnt really the big slowdown. Its mostly guards. Complex path placement and too many visible guards can slow any map down, even Rares maps. Gotta set the hearing capailities. If one shot sets off every guard, well bad gameplay aside, its gonna be a slideshow.

Quote:
Anyway, as with other hacked levels, it keeps crashing.

hmm... I havnt had any problems with that. Well besides occasionaly window to fullscreen crash or switching plugins on the fly, but that happenes with anygame. I was testing with jabos at first untill i discoverd glide64 vid plugin. Which displays Goldeneye the best from what I have seen. I use pj641.6 as well. Soo im not sure. When i get home ill post my settings up here. But im certain they are mostly, if not all, default settings. Has anyone else had any crashes?? oh and radorn whats the error message you get cuz pj usually lets you know. If i havnt, and no one else has, mabey its something on your end, cuz i havent had any problems with any custom maps on the vault(havnt played em all but most of them)

ohh and the fog. haha ya noticed yesterday the fog setting on my glide64 vid plugin was set to off. Although i played with the max object visibility settings in the 21992... 12990, 90210.. whatever it is, i never turned off the fog from in game. oh well...

Future plans... did some one say boat escape mission??.... I might need you expertise MRKane...

monkeyface

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just played it, lovely. I think this is the new benchmark for single player levels. Great geometry, great setting and great design. My favourite part was when you walked by those two windows and saw the sea, that alone made the map for me. Also, you gave me an idea with that XSI part. I'll abandon Hammer and work with what's done in Softimage, that's a great idea.

PS3 God
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

can anyone tell me how to apply the xdelta patch keeps saying warning checksum recaculated. Idea

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PS3 God wrote:
can anyone tell me how to apply the xdelta patch keeps saying warning checksum recaculated. Idea

You have a byteflipped rom I think

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It should be not byteflipped.

I love the shading near the purple crystal, I need to just walk around invisible in this level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: