ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

360 controller not working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barcode711
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: 360 controller not working? Reply with quote Back to top

I plan to play Goldeneye online, but the analog stick doesn't work in-game. Every other part of the controller does.
I'm running:
Mupen64++
All the plugins listed on Goldeneyeonline.com
360 controller
a 128 MB ROM of Goldeneye (I've got three and the emulator warns that each is a hacked rom, but is it?)
So why is it that only the analog sticks don't work? Hell, even the MOUSE SUPPORT works perfectly (other than not working when zoomed in, but this is because Goldeneye's aiming works by holding the stick in the direction you're aiming, which means you'd have to scroll indefinitely).
Any ideas?
Also - It gives me an error message about EVERY DAMN DLL (plugin) that is installed. How can I stop this?
PS: I changed some settings in the Goldeneye menu (IE - set it to widescreen), and now the emulator crashes no matter what ROM image I use.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you set them up?

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Barcode711
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HackBond wrote:
Have you set them up?

I had everything set up as instructed. I'm going to reinstall Mupen (since it started crashing whenever I'd start up a rom), and copy it to another folder minus the plugins present and then put in only the ones needed for GE.
Maybe it'll even fix my 360 controller problem, who knows. Regardless, I'll do it all maybe tomorrow. I have homework to do.

Barcode711
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, reinstalled, but the damn thing keeps loading my old settings every time I reinstall it. It's probablyh a problem with my old settings so if I could just reset the thing I'd be good, but apparantly not.
How can I reset everything?
EDIT: Oddly enoguh, it was a problem with my controls.

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well the reason your in-game settings are staying the same i believe is that its stored in an eeprom save or something. i know some programs when you uninstall leave the save files. Deleting those files should reset everything. but also erase your current game progress. Not sure with mupen but with pj64 its located in pj64/save/.... i think

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: