ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Complex Challenge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Complex Challenge Reply with quote Back to top

Forgive me guys 'cause I'm still quite new to Perfect Dark. I've only just discovered the possibility of playing against 8 sim's in the Complex - what a blast!
It's been a blood bath I can tell you. I have it set on 15 minutes, with power weapons (I think it's power weapons anyway, the setting which includes the Super Dragon that you can flip on it's side turn into a grenade launcher). I've been coming first place with 51 kills on my last game always with hardsim a close second. What a laugh!
Anyway, for the questions;

I understand the purpose of peacesim taking your gun from you as he doesn't want to fight (boy is he in the wrong place...) but how on earth do the other players disarm you when they do not have a weapon? Also when someone takes your gun you appear to be tranquilised for a short period of time. Does this happen when any sim takes your gun?

Finally I am a bit confused about cowardsim. I have been killed by him numerous times when I have been unarmed and not going for him, what's all that about? I didn't think he came after anyone that was unarmed or had an inferior gun?

Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

-All sims can disarm you, and it leaves a screen blur effect for a temporary amount of time. Whats annoying, however, is that their punching distance is much further than a normal players.

-That's just what the coward sim does. He comes after anyone who is statistically inferior to him. So if you have less health, worse weapon, etc. Expect him to show up.

thenoisydrum
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh, that makes sense now. Thanks.
One more thing, why can't I go through the blue tunnel on this level? You know the one in the main central room where the body armour is in the centre of the floor with the catwalks running up either side of the walls?
On Goldeneye the player would automatically crouch down when you went to go through but my player cannot seem to. Is it only smaller players that can?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You need to manually crouch in PD. I think you need to crouch twice, actually, since PD has three different crouch levels (plus a "stealth mode" where you can turn your screen black when you're already fully crouched).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: