ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 1.1 sourcecode released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: 1964 1.1 sourcecode released Reply with quote Back to top

http://1964emu.emulation64.com/

Hopefully some coder takes this and gives us something better than Mupen64++ for online (no offense to okaygo, but 1964 just runs GE better to begin with).

Edit: There's a binary included with the source, by the way, so you can get an updated version of the emulator without having to compile it yourself.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man, why didn't I start using this emulator "full time" sooner? GE plays so much faster with this than with PJ64. PD isn't bad either, but it seems to "jump" a bit more. I only tried it out again because of some comments about Glide64 having a bit less slowdown with PD's special effects, but now I doubt I can go back. I still can't believe how much smoother GE is, and I thought it was running fine before.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup i ben useing 1964 For somtime now and it is the best emulater now if only online play wus better then it wud be the best.

00Dark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wait a minute, I thought Project64 was the best N64 emulator for Perfect Dark and GoldenEye???? I do experience random freezing with PD sometimes on PJ64. For example when I go to select a character and head for a simulant in multiplayer it does lag quite a bit. If I move too fast it'll freeze. I've never noticed what you're saying, but I'm going to play GE and PD on PJ64 then on 1964. Wasn't PJ64 tailored to Goldeneye? PD will also occasionally freeze when starting up a multiplayer game or a solo mission and I'm using an Intel Core i5 quad processor.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00Dark If you never use 1964 then your mesing out of all the fast game play it like it wus made for Goldeneye And PD.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1964 is what I've always used for GE or PD. It's the fastest. PJ64 may be the most stable, but for older PC's, 1964 is the best. Not the most popular, but the best. IMO easier cheat code interface also. Online is a no go, but for playing on your own PC, yeah, give 1964 a shot.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is what i do is that i use 1964 as my 1 player gameing and use mupen64 for online play some tims i use PJ64K for some online games like Mario Kart 64

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gun & wall textures, gameplay, much more smoother than PJ64. And this is PD I'm talking about.

Although I do have a complaint about some of the textures on the doors and on the lazers of guns.

Last edited by acceptable67 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I can't stand about it is how it appends the CRC onto the save filenames. For someone who plays a lot of hacks, this is a real problem, since I constantly have to copy and rename saves. I'd really like to see an emulator that only relied on the internal ROM name for both game settings and save files. Mupen variants do the first, PJ64 the second.

Textures are plugin related, has nothing to do with the emulator.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: