ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Why you aren't looking at a GE weapon patch right now

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Why you aren't looking at a GE weapon patch right now Reply with quote Back to top

Found out why Rare cut the GE weapons from multiplayer - simulants. Turns out they can collect but can not use them. Anyone know why? Figure out a fix and I'll finish up that patch for release.

Also, this has been around since my last post, but since nobody has noticed it, here's the additional PD documentation link.
http://two.xthost.info/zoinkity/PerfectDark/PD%20Documentation.rar

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll go out on a limb and say it's related to their lack of secondary functions. That's a completely baseless assumption, but it's the only thing the GE weapons lack that all of the other weapons have.

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh it would be so nice to include those GE weapons to the normal weapons list.
Maybe by doing them, and including the secondary function, like pistol whip or something simple.
What about the lack of reload animation? Does it matter?
Confused

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would suggest just making their secondary fires the same as their primaries. It eliminates any potential problems with animations, and keeps them as close to pure as possible.

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yep, I support the idea of cloning primary as secondary.
but there's another possibility, which is using the secondary function as a slight, non radical modification of the primary:
for example, making the kf7 or ar33 shot single rounds as if you were aiming without the need to aim.

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:
yep, I support the idea of cloning primary as secondary.
but there's another possibility, which is using the secondary function as a slight, non radical modification of the primary:
for example, making the kf7 or ar33 shot single rounds as if you were aiming without the need to aim.

PP7
Primary:Single Shot
Secondery:Single Shot

DD44
Primary:Single Shot

Klobb
Primary:Burst Fire

KF7

ZMG

D5K

AR53

RCP

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i have no idea how the sims work in PD. been many years since i played some multi. ill throw this out there just as another cause.

AI for fps games usually have gun priority. could it be that the ge weapons are set to 0 priority resulting the bots have no need to switch to them. Unless the bots are switching to the gun but just not firing, than this theory is wrong.

mabey the priority was never set since those weapons were never ment to be in multi.

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sims cant use all the alternative fires in PD, but in some weapons they use them a lot.

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:
sims cant use all the alternative fires in PD, but in some weapons they use them a lot.

Yeah, I love the CMP-150, but simulants are SOOO MUCH BETTER with the lock on functionality than human players can possibly be. As soon as they spot you they have already set the secondary mode, locked it on you and are spitting fire... holy crap. Even meatsims can become a rather challenging opponent with CMP's.

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always keep it on secondary and just shoot locked shot by pressing B+Z.

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it would be nice to include the reload animations also, to even up the weapons.
insomniaDMX had those wonderful reloads for pistols already, like this DD44 one:

8106B654 40C0
8106FF2A E918
8107B850 036B
D01BBCD8 0004
801BCC20 0005

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TimEh wrote:
Mabey the priority was never set since those weapons were never ment to be in multi.

You're right on the money. I've managed to prove that much with simple pointer redirection. Great!
What's that mean? Sims can use GE weapons if you reassign their weapon code numbers. Likewise, if you set, say, the Falcon2 to the ppi's weapon code, it ceases to work.
Still figuring it out. Need to find the priority/block table. Might be bitflags too, which would be annoying to track.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: