ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Online Perfect Dark Campaign (Cactus is Back)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:51 pm    Post subject: Online Perfect Dark Campaign (Cactus is Back) Reply with quote Back to top

ONLINE PERFECT DARK CAMPAIGN

This was my little idea I envisioned for Perfect Dark. And I hope everyone who considers in helping me will give it a try. I'm planning for this topic as a collaboration of avid Perfect Dark players ready to join together and play online with a little extra "edge" to it.

Unfortunately I can't play Perfect Dark online, I don't have the kind of computer which has the amount of RAM to be suitable enough for this kind of activity. It's disappointing, I know, but I'm going to try to find a way that will make me able to play it online.

I've seen most of 00dark's hacking contributions and I do say that he has done very well, and the fact that I couldn't do the same is because of the limitations of my current desktop computer. Computer no like Subdrag's PD editor. Sad I can't even play .xdelta patched ROM because it lagged so much, but for that reason is unknown.

It's upsetting!

Here is my store update by the way: http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=1270&start=75
AND Perfect Dark channel of mine: http://www.youtube.com/battlecactus

Ok, what I'm interested in is finding a way to get my hacked weapons in some sort of patch, .xdelta is fine (if possible) just that I don't know how to deal with it. My idea here is to have my hacked weapons online playable.

If that is not possible, then -

This campaign will be about the collection of PD recordings of people playing it online. Especially people who play in some of 00dark's multiplayer levels.

Volunteer List:
1. Boo
2. Yurei
3. DK25
4. 00dark
5. HackBond
6. oxidice
...yadada, sign up!

Online Perfect Dark Videos:
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrrxZaO1DLE
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVyvJjrRpiU
...Soon to be updated.

The recorder I really, really recommend goes by the name of GunCam. Download it and try it out, works great for me. Better than Hypercam and the mupen recorder. Though you might not use it if you have good RAM. Search it on google, but watch out for the virus ones -- they're a bit prevalent in having the fake identity as cracked software.

This topic's purpose to gather us around and play matches with each other and record 'em. Maybe hold tournaments. And one of my friends who is very optimistic towards Perfect Dark won't hold back to play online. (YES, YOU B00)

Anyone want to learn how to play PD online, go here: http://perfectdarkforever.com

Oh, and when Perfect Dark XLBA comes out - this topic will host for that kind of online play too!

(But I'm not liking the looks of that game)

So sign up now!

Last edited by cactus on Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 8 times in total

Boo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Online Perfect Dark Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to play PD online!!! I've been waiting for ions to do so!!!!
Quote:
Stealth is a healthy and powerful option if you know how to strafe

Last edited by Boo on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:09 am; edited 1 time in total

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. You're in. Halleleeka!

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Playing my favorite game of all time online with other addicts, sign me up ! Smile

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great. We'll need all the people we can get.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it is ok if i had bad fps but good enough to barely play? if so YES DEFINITLY SIGN ME UP. sorry for caps.

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, you're in! Smile

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So if you just had the right computer to run Perfect Dark you would have actually helped me play around with the alpha editor? I remember that nobody else would help with PD and that I was the very first person to ever submit something from the PD Editor. I was a little pissed off at people for under minding the capabilities of the alpha editor in its current state and I kept asking if cactus would help because he was the only other person really enthused about hacking PD.

The only reason other users submitted helpful crap for PD is because I brought it back to life. SubDrag, Wreck, and Zoinkity all needed more support from someone before they could continue. I gave them more hope by using the alpha thing to the fullest and managing to make maps with it unfinished. When they realized what I had done, I believe they started working too. I set a course of events that took place in PD hacking. I honestly believe that if I had never tried the alpha editor then SubDrag wouldn't have released 39850 modifications. And if that event didn't take place then the next event wouldn't have either. Plus further events would have been canceled. Shortly after I committed support, SubDrag suddenly decided to extract the 39850 index. That's kind of how it all started.

I participated in fate necessarily. Isn't it true that if someone does something then that action can change a whole bunch of events? Please correct me if I'm wrong or didn't remember how exactly everything took place.

Wow, I've seen Back to the Future way too many times! Razz

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ill join, ive just recently gotten my adaptor and is working PERFECTly

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

00dark wrote:
So if you just had the right computer to run Perfect Dark you would have actually helped me play around with the alpha editor? I remember that nobody else would help with PD and that I was the very first person to ever submit something from the PD Editor. I was a little pissed off at people for under minding the capabilities of the alpha editor in its current state and I kept asking if cactus would help because he was the only other person really enthused about hacking PD.

Yeah, definitely. Now I'm off Perfect Dark hacking because I don't have that kind of computer, but if I did, I won't hesitate to consider in coming back. I didn't understand your message clearly, but do you really wanna join the campaign? I'll sign you up anyway, since we'll need all the people we can get.

HackBond wrote:
ill join, ive just recently gotten my adaptor and is working PERFECTly

You're in!

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dont mind me if im rusty at computer play i dont have that thing(that allows you to play with the n64 controller) im broke. hell we cant celebrate 4th of july were so broke. but ill try. any specific servers or emeulators?

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

69.90.34.14:27888
This one's good, on Kaillera Client. MUPEN of course, because http://perfectdarkonline.com tells you all about it.

oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sign me up too!

I've been playing some PD games already with Yurei and some other members on #goldeneyeonline live chat

I'd also be intrested in recording PD games, havent done that before yet, but I've recorded a lot of GE games and they can be found on my youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/R2D65 and when I get to it those PD games will be on that channel too

And about Kailera server, having one server for PD players to join is good idea, but in case of 1v1 games playing with P2P connection is usually better option and for those games we would need good place for matchmaking and I'd suggest everyone joining Java Live Chat for that!

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cactus wrote:
69.90.34.14:27888
This one's good, on Kaillera Client. MUPEN of course, because http://perfectdarkonline.com tells you all about it.

Error conecting to server
Evil or Very Mad

cactus
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oxidice, you're in! Good to see you have a channel with good recordings. If you can't use the recorder well on PD, then I still stand by my recommendation of Guncam in the topic post. And yeah, chats make online game set-ups way easier.

I don't know why it doesn't work. Anybody recommend any other good servers? Or does anybody host one, maybe?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: