ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

De/Compressor for Rare's games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: De/Compressor for Rare's games Reply with quote Back to top

This is a decompressor and compressor for Rare's N64 games (except Blast Corps since that would be stupid) Feed it a binary, and it spits out either a PD or Ge compressed binary.

How do you get the binaries? You have the game, right?

If it doesn't run, then you probably need zlib.dll

nab it here:
http://www.geocities.com/nefariousdogooder/general/RareCompressor.zip

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay, this does both de-compressing and compressing, I can scrap the python script now. Nice. Smile Hopefully this will help me with my Goldeneye real text mod, I have been having a lot of problems with the watch text block. I think I'll explain the whole binary thing a little bit in more detail than Zoinkity did, lol. ROMS can many times be arranged into somewhat organized "blocks" of data. This utility is used for particualr blocks of data marked with a 11 72 in the beging for GE or 11 73 for PD. Most Blocks start at 11 72 and end at the next 11 72. I believe you have to use a z64 ROM to extract the proper blocks, you can cut out the block, save it as a binary, and expand it with this program, and then you can modify it Wink and compress it back (try to get it the same size tho) and paste it back in (delete the old block first). Then use SmartIPS to make an IPS patch. Sound complicated? It is. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: