ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

N64 flashcarts roundup
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: N64 flashcarts roundup Reply with quote Back to top

RELEASED: NEOflash MYTH cart for N64

WIP: marshallh's 64drive: CF+RAM cart with USB-PC comms

WIP: EverDrive64 by KRIKzz (looking for good, significative links)

ToToTek's mystery flashcart

Last edited by radorn on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:47 pm; edited 16 times in total

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: CF devcart from Marshall H. Reply with quote Back to top

http://64drive.retroactive.be/
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=33012
VIDEOS!!! http://www.youtube.com/user/marshallgs

Last edited by radorn on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:07 am; edited 14 times in total

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

NEOFlash
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php?board=63.0
http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5889.0.html

NEOFlash has put the N64 MYTH cart on sale today at the price of 199USD.
http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.php?productid=115

Last edited by radorn on Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:07 am; edited 6 times in total

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ToToTek
http://tototek.com/pio/main1/download/E/index.htm

Will be updated when there's ANY info available, but the folks at ToToTek are not very talkative about their projects until they are actually available, so not much is known.
Tomy, the owner/manager of ToToTek told me over IM that the project is not dead, but that's as much as I know so far.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like you managed to gain quite a bit of information regarding Marshall H's device. It really is great news to hear that all of these projects are very much still underway. Do keep us updated as you learn more. Very Happy

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sure, Wreck, what I don't know is WHEN/IF I will have new info.

I really hope NEOflash will break the silence and decide to give some QUALITY info about their device.
If you look in the forums, aside from the countless unanswered questions, the actual data they did give out is scarce, imprecise, undetailed, and changes over time without giving any reason.
Seems like we'll have to wait until they start selling it to know. Maybe they will accept me into their betatest and then I could provide some actual facts first hand, but who knows if they will do that.

The most recent news from them is that they sent a prototype to some unnamed programmer. I guess he's the one making the firmware, or menu software or whatever makes the thing work.

I'm also trying to get info from other sources. If other users enter the betatest and their usernames are made public, I'll be sure to contact them for info if NEOflash themselves don't give it out.
It's quite frustrating trying to get anything from them.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Corrections and a new link added to marshallh's device description.
Still no news on the other 2.

00Dark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would this be a reason not to look for a priceless Dr. V64 backup unit and get a modern backup unit for the Nintendo 64? Hell, why don't they just remake the Nintendo 64 console itself like an Atari plug-and-play device. How many years until anyone would do that? I've kept all my PM's and I got one from SubDrag recommending a Dr. V64 or Z64. Now why would we need to spend so much hard looking and buying if we can get one of these new units this winter?

My question is...

Will anyone on Shooters Forever sell me a Bung Dr. V64 on eBay? I'd be happy to give you my eBay ID. Name the price I'll see if I can buy. Please. Smile

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BIG UPDATE

http://www.neoflash.com/forum/index.php/topic,5634.msg41727.html#msg41727

Without any new info being released, be it specs, pictures or whatever, Dr Neo announces that their N64 cart sale is IMMINENT. Should be this week or the next.

Looks like we will find out about the specs AFTER it becomes available.
No mention on price yet.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great news, if it actually happens. I hope whoever picks one of these up will be willing to test things for people. I know it'll be a while before I can get one, unless they're cheaper than I'm expecting, and I'd like to see how one map especially runs on the actual hardware rather than relying on emulators.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats Cool But Dus thes Cost Money? I Hope Not Cus I Do Not Have Money At All My Mom Wont Pay
For It Ether

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously it will be selled for money. Thats what selling is about. Or its either trading or giving away.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i Hope Thay Give it away Ensted Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent news, Radorn. Thanks once again for keeping everyone here informed on the flashcart scene. There's got to be a few of us who are interested in picking one up, once we hear some positive feedback regarding the product. As DB said, a lot of the new maps and custom multiplayers need to be tested on actual hardware. Emulation is far too unreliable. If this thing turns out a winner and the price isn't ridiculous, I'll be making a purchase.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm far more attracted to marshallh's project, but if I have money I'll get this, probably. Finally having an N64 flashcart is far too great to refuse a possibly not perfect offering...
Sadly, I'm currently in the process of selling some stuff to get money for the things I need to restore my non-crap computer to a working condition(it's just a junkputer, not an utter craputer, like my current one xD) so I can get back to work on my maps properly, and many other thing.

Probably there will be several reviews on this highly anticipated product, even if it's implementation premises are dodgy (using a GBA flashcart and stuff...).
Unless some considerable ammount of money unexpectedly falls into my hands (or neoflash decides to donate a sample unit to me), I'll probably be unable to provide first hand data, and will have to rely on others' reviews, since, so far, Neoflash hasn't been of any help providing solid info on their flashcart, ignoring everyone that asked.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: