ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

"How to hack like a Pro" VHS tape
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: "How to hack like a Pro" VHS tape Reply with quote Back to top

I just found this while I was searching for old N64 promo VHS tape rips.

"How to hack like a Pro" for N64's GameShark

1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ocr8iA4-fY
2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2EKwe9pUNY
3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTpXda5r8ao

Apparently it accompained GameSharks. I have no idea as of whether this is widely known or not, but here you have it. Hope you find it useful.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I had one of those (and probably still do). I uses a European GoldenEye cart in one scene, which was enough to get it on Detstar.

Edit: Or was it Japanese? I don't remember anymore, but it uses the box art on the cart instead of the Bond and gun barrel label the NA release uses.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea what you are talking about, DB Confused

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2:20 in the first video. I can't seem to find the page on Detstar, I thought it was in the mysteries section but I didn't see it there.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
I had one of those (and probably still do). I uses a European GoldenEye cart in one scene, which was enough to get it on Detstar.

Edit: Or was it Japanese? I don't remember anymore, but it uses the box art on the cart instead of the Bond and gun barrel label the NA release uses.

I have a PAL cart of Ge and its the Gunbarrel with Bond

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Must be the Japanese cart, then. I'd like to get one.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, yeah, my cart bought in spain has gunbarrel and bond posing with silenced ppk. Mine is from the original run, though, maybe player's choice has a redesigned label... or it could be japanese too xD

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been trying to find an image of the Japanese cart, but I haven't had any luck, all I'm finding is the box.

Edit: Finally found one, it's definitely not the Japanese version:

The labels are similar, but there are a number of small differences.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I used to have a couple of these - not sure where they went but they were a good start.

That looks to be Japanese GE? Ours and PALs are different sticker.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just edited my post, take a look. It's the same artwork used for the Japanese version but it's not a Japanese cart, the logo is missing ゴールデンアイ over the English GoldenEye, and it's missing text over the Rare and N64 logos.

I'm wondering if this is a press copy of the game? It would be nice to get our hands on one if it is to do a comparison, we all know the game changed up to the last minute.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Japanese label is so much better than western one... They even took into account the part that is occluded when it's plugged into the console, filling that part with branding logos and text so the game's logo and art are kept in the visible area.
I wonder if that was the normal route for japanese N64 cart labels, or just for GE.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn't seem to be standard, though quite a few games do it, including the Japanese version of Perfect Dark:

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maaan. Those vids were awesome !!

Unfortunately, I had some Gameshark, it had died and been lost..must have been a power outage that brickt it.

Found this on its Wikipedia. Supposedly it's v2.2, Pro 3.0 and Pro 3.3 and not sure at all which of these I had

Question is. How could I search for the Pro 3.3 ? Only tried Amazon and quite skeptical

EDIT: Well..it seems that eBay is always the best answer, + for burning holes in me pockets

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That cart mistamontiel. Looks like my Pro 3.3 cart.

I had mine sitting here for a while now. It was broken for 4 years. And all of a sudden i was bored and i decided to try it out. After putting Goldeneye in it. It just started it self back up from the death bed.

But after 4 months of use. It died on me again. Maybe ill give it another go when I move into my new home.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck on your move Eternal, and resurrecting your GS. Ya, the bottom right one with the port on the back of it is the 3.3

I rarely eBay..I guess to get one of these again it's just hit or miss. Le sigh

-GEN. (from netplay)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: