ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Props and models
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeyface

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Props and models Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, time for some documentation.
Here we'll post all props that we've made for others or our own maps. Some times we add small things to a map that could qualify as props, but try to only post things that have recieved some special attention from your side.

In time, I'll add all that I've done. For now I'll show you the latest prop:

Do you think that a download link to the prop itself should be provided?

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should have DL links so there is a way for people and you to get them

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't necessarily need to post, but we need to make sure we do not lose anything (ie backup often). Maybe some kind of community file site so we can post things (and only involved users access) so we make sure nothing is lost, and easy for sharing.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it might be a good idea to set up an SVN repository for the project. Several projects I follow use one; the easiest way of describing it is like a wiki for files. You upload any file revisions you make, and past versions are easily accessible if needed.

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://blog.msbbc.co.uk/2007/06/using-googles-free-svn-repository-with.html

this link should be usefull in setting something up. inno if its only for code or what. havnt really looked into it yet

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Got it set up, would this work for you?

http://goldfinger64.googlecode.com/files/sunbedmodel.rar

http://goldfinger64.googlecode.com is our SVN, anyone who wishes access to it, just ask. You'll need a google mail for it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like access. Btw we should separate folders - like props, levels (on a name basis?), etc

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, it's svn now.

https://goldfinger64.googlecode.com/svn/

There you can download everything you need. If you have a svn client, you can change/add things, although you'll need to contact me so I can add you to the list, and you must have a gmail account.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent, I'll check it out later.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice model, monkeyface. And using a single texture. terrific.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The single texture is an excellent idea, Monkeyface. About the only downside to it, would be that it'd share a single hit type. No matter if you shoot the padded seat or the metal rails, it'll make the same sound and leave an identical hole. Not a big deal at all, really. If it reduces the amount of textures needed that dramatically, it's well worth it. Very nice model, too. When the time comes for it to be made into a prop (unless it is strictly architecture in the map), just let me know. I believe Zoinkity and myself might be the only members who have that figured out pretty well. One of us may have to write up a doc on it some time.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you guys.
Actually, I had not thought of that before you mentioned it. Will think of it in the future. With this model I can see that the saved texture space outweighs the need for specific gun sounds and such. But there'll defiantly be places where that has to be done.

Yes, exploding sunbeds!

Was doing a prop for the map, and while I did outline work (I screencap the model from different viewports, make it B&W to see if I like the shape, contours) and I realized it looked kind of nice.
Guess what it is!

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

INDUSTRIAL LAZER POWAAAAH xD

Custom sounds? I think that's not possible. Unfortunately, nobody has done a soundbank encoder yet Sad You'll have to use the existing ones.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It wont say a word. At least not in my map. But there's always the Fort Knox version... You should make it shoot laser beams, fly around and do a Fred Astaire routine! But in my version it'll be a silent object, setting the mood of the room. I find that much more... sophisticated. Just thought of this now, maybe it could be incorporated in an objective? If it was a proper object, I mean.

radorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monkeyface wrote:
It wont say a word. At least not in my map. But there's always the Fort Knox version... You should make it shoot laser beams, fly around and do a Fred Astaire routine! But in my version it'll be a silent object, setting the mood of the room. I find that much more... sophisticated. Just thought of this now, maybe it could be incorporated in an objective? If it was a proper object, I mean.

You are doing the room where bond is going to be cut in two then?

This has me thinking now. Even though I'm doing KNOX, I never considered the laser as something that could be included, since bond doesn't use it and it just serves the purpose of cutting the blinds to get in the building. So even if the laser is a very important element in the movie, specially because of it being very visually impacting and awe inspiring, it's not very useful from the perspective of gameplay.
But now I'm rethinking the whole matter, since it could serve as a rather interesting intro to the level.
Some time ago I saw someone using, I think, red monitor screens stretched thin to simulate a laser barrier in the Runway's guard house, where you normally get the keys for the plane.
I was thinking the scene in the movie where they cut the door with the laser could be grossly reproduced with a laser that hits the door and makes it explode. Action block gurus, you think that's possible?

Since it's a rather static element in the film, I don't think it's necessary to make it into a GE object. just, whoever makes it first, publish it so it can be used in the other level. It only appears in 2 places, Auric industries' laser room and at the door or the bullion depository, right?

Maybe the red-screen as laser method could make for something interesting in the auric industries laser room. Maybe an end/mid level cutscene?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: