ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Props and models
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic idea! Wreck made a laser beam in his Q Lab Training:
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=3

You can certainly turn on/off visible in action blocks. Definitely reuse in both levels the prop + helper laser.

radorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL

monkeyface

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Done and done, you can get it from the svn!

Nice radorn, real classy... But I thought that was impossible. When I saw Wreck's map it seemed to work pretty good. Couldn't you make the laser go on, set off an explosive and destroy a door prop, turn off laser?

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

when this laser is done, arent you going to make a pivot point?

monkeyface

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We'll see. I did it like this because if anyone else would like to use it, they probably wouldn't have it hanging from the ceiling. And it is portable (as portable as an industrial laser can be, I guess) since they have it when they're breaking into Fort Knox.
I don't think I'll make it so that you're strapped to a table and the laser beam is getting closer to you, rather it's a prop you'll be able to find, and maybe there's a mission involved with it.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't know what happened, really dropped the ball on that one. I completely forgot to optimize it. It's updated know, get it at the svn. It's 289 polygons (the tank has 339) now, and the tank had 23 textures, the laser has only 3, so that has to count for something.
You really can't see the changes too well, I did some really bad work last time...

http://goldfinger64.googlecode.com/svn/MODELS-PROPS/

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Loving the Laser, monkeyface!

Looks awesome! Very Happy

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I haven't said anything about it yet, but that's pretty awesome.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good going.
Anyway, monkeyface. What are your plans for it? are you going to make it into an actual object?
My plans for it are to make it into part of the background, but if you make it into an object it would be foolish for me to bolt it to the BG.
Of course, if I do that, I would probably make it even more low poly.
Being on top of the truck you won't be seeing it into much detail, so I would lower the poly count further, like making the octogonal cilinders into hexagonal ones and the pentagonal ones into square, and the tip would be a triangular pyramid instead of pentagonal, I could probably ditch the cable too...

If you can, please, share the original files (not the objs, but your editors native format), so I can more easily reorientate the cannon.

About the scene involving the laser blowing up the door, yeah, probably the best solution would be to make it inline instead of a cutscene, although I initially had thought of an introductory scene.

Could it be possible to make a multi part intro scene where you first see some planes (like the one used in runway), passing through, as if they were releasing the gas, and then another miniscene with the laser blowing the door and then the swirl into bond? Just thinking some ideas.

mmm, better make the map first than caring about these details now xD

monkeyface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you guys, glad you like it.

My plans for it are pretty vague. Initially I thought that I'd be a part of the background. But then I got some ideas from here. If it were an object you'd be able to destroy it and it could be included in missions.
The tip is something I forgot, it should be triangular. But, I really don't feel like fixing it. How decadent of me!
Since the laser basically IS cylinders, I did some extra sides for them. In my map, I think, you'll be able to walk right by it.

Here is the XSI (mod tool) work file. This is the .obj imported and separated by polygon selection. This is not to "protect" my work, but for the latest versions (optimized) I've done exactly that, for some reason. Imported the .obj, modified it, exported it.

http://goldfinger64.googlecode.com/svn/randomfiles/lusir.rar

I do world geometry in deled, but for finer details I use xsi. Never linked to a project file before, textures may not work, but you know where to get them and import them, the uv coordinates are still there.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radorn wrote:

About the scene involving the laser blowing up the door, yeah, probably the best solution would be to make it inline instead of a cutscene, although I initially had thought of an introductory scene.

That would be quite doable, if you don't mind the possibly of it being missed (or limiting that mission to one intro camera). I believe Dam checks if the correct room is loaded for the security gate cutscene, then makes the guards do their animations.

radorn wrote:
Could it be possible to make a multi part intro scene where you first see some planes (like the one used in runway), passing through, as if they were releasing the gas, and then another miniscene with the laser blowing the door and then the swirl into bond? Just thinking some ideas.

Not really. Only one intro camera is displayed, then the swirling into. Any additional scenes would have to take place after the swirl, which would just be strange, I think. Planes are also a bit difficult to get going the way you want, since there is only one premade animation for them. You would really need to plan the scene, whether a cutscene or in-game, in advance so you could see the planes flying but didn't see them get "stuck" after their animation finishes.

I'm wondering though, if it would be possible to turn the plane into a wheeled vehicle. Then could you just put some clipping tiles and a path for them up in the air, and watch them "fly" by. They wouldn't bank when turning, so they would have to fly straight the entire time.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heck you could have it turn and go up ramps and things to simulate some pretty nifty flying maneuvers.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Forget what I said about banking. If you made the plane itself the wheel, and set the pivot point right (I'm not sure how wheeled vehicles work, but essentially the wheel would need to be rotated 90 degrees compared to how they are on the trucks/car), I think it would bank believably when turning.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That would be an incredible set piece in the Fort Knox infiltration map, for example. Pussy Galore's flying circus, and you have three planes fly past in the sky. This would be possible, right?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

monkeyface wrote:
This would be possible, right?

I don't see why it wouldn't be. The hardest part would be turning the plane into a wheeled vehicle; I don't know what the differences between them and normal objects are, but if it's just a matter of saying "this is a wheel" and "this is the body" then it shouldn't be too hard.

I do seem to remember that rotating the object as I suggest would also be pretty hard. That came up in the past when we were discussing the speedboat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: