ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New Weapons
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: New Weapons Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any thoughts so far with custom weapons? Has anyone made a custom weapon for this game before?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking about this myself. Wreck already reskinned the cougar magnum into the golden magnum, but I'm not sure if that was only intended to be cosmetic or if the weapon's stats will be edited. I had thoughts of reskinning the DD44 into a more common pistol for use by hotel security (it doesn't make much sense for them to have a Russian pistol), but that wouldn't have any other changes made, just the textures used.

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ya the only thing i think may be tricky is the animation. the recoil movement and other attributes are in the 21990.

also with differences with bullet weapons, rockets, mines, ect. is what they shoot out hardcoded to the specific weapon name or can it be played around with?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's hardcoded; it's not available to edit in the setup editor at least. The firing rates seem to be tied to the weapons themselves too. You can edit how fast the weapon fires when the trigger is held down in the 21990 editor, but the firing rate when rapidly pressing the button isn't affected.

monkeyface

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, hadn't thought of that.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Goldfinger

The only gun that really intrigues me is the golden Smith and Wesson. But that would only require a new skin and more damage.

The M1911A1 looks pretty nice, it's the gun that Oddjob uses at one point. Could be the new DD44, perhaps.

MP40 could be made a standard enemy weapon. Kind of like the KF7.

But this are details. The hard work would be the hacking aspect of it. I'd love to do some custom models and textures, would be nice to see new guns in game, with different looks.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it looks like reskinning the DD44 into the M1911A1 (what a name!) would certainly be possible. Start thinking up a GE-style renaming for it, I think that one will make it in.

I'm not sure about anything that would require the first person models to be changed. I'm not sure if anyone has done any research into those.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Prop weapons should be easy enough to create, actually. You'd just need to know the proper scale at which to build them. Exporting a similar weapon to .OBJ and checking out the grip size would be very helpful. Setting up the muzzle flare wouldn't be difficult, either.

However, full-on first-person weapons is something totally different. I haven't taken a look into any of them, yet. About the only person that probably has any kind of documentation on them would be Zoinkity. He had attempted to port a PD weapon over, but wasn't totally satisfied with the results. But he must have somewhat of an understanding of the format.

Golden Magnum: When I tested it out in-game, I did increase the damage level. I also made it a little louder, so it'd alert guards a little further away. The firing rate was a touch slower. Risk vs. Reward mentality.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DB: i have an idea for Mi911A1: MA19 Mazari; sweet and simple
Mazari: just something i made up
i am a creative person.
Everyone i know personaly tells me that.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You guys should call the M1911A1 just as an M1911, it really doesn't matter if it is M0 or M1 variant (single or double action variant).
The biggest problem is, that the M1911 has clip of 7, not 8 like "DD44" (or Tokarev TT).

Confused

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Changing the magazine size is simple. DK25, I like the "Mazari" name, it makes it sound "fuller" for the pickup, watch menu, and weapon of choice strings.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: what about WWII Weapons Reply with quote Back to top

What About Some WWII Weapons

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was giving this some thought last week; most of GoldenEye's weapons weren't even invented at the time this film was shot! I checked out the IMFDB site and put together a list of the weapons. armymen was on the ball; there is a lot of WWII stuff here. I tried to match things up with their best GE counterpart so we don't have to do too much rebalancing (why mess with success?). I'll list replacements first, then stuff we can keep, then stuff that needs to go:

Replacements

DD44 Dostovei -> M1911A1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1911
There are plenty of pistols in Goldfinger, but most are revolvers. Oddjob uses this in one scene. It's nice in that we can probably just reskin the DD44 model.

ZMG (9mm) -> MP40 "Schmeisser"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MP40
This Nazi SMG is used during the Auric Industries scenes which will be near the middle of the game. It has a 32 round magazine. I think it'll make a nice replacement for the ZMG, but we might want to tone it down a bit.
It looks like we should be able to do an edit to the KF7 model to make this, rather than doing it from scratch.

Phantom -> M1928 Thompson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thompson_submachine_gun
If this makes it in (and it had better!) I want to see it with the drum magazine. It's just too iconic with the drum to use the box magazine, and the Phantom's 50 rounds matches up with the drum.

AR33 Assault Rifle -> M14 Battle Rifle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M14_Rifle
M16 to M14; makes perfect sense to me. The M14 only has a twenty round magazine though. We can be faithful and up the damage, or not worry about it.

Sniper Rifle -> ArmaLite AR-7 Explorer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armalite_AR-7
Tilly almost shoots Bond with this rifle (trying, and failing, to hit Goldfinger), so it seems like a perfect fit. I looked it up and it can be suppressed (I'd rather see us keep the sniper rifle silent)
Interestingly, this is the same rifle stored in Bond's weapon case in From Russia With Love. What comes around goes around?

Cougar Magnum -> Golden Magnum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colt_Official_Police
Well, this one's already done for us, thanks to Wreck. Smile

---

Weapons we can keep unmodified

Hunting Knife, Throwing Knife
Needs no comment, really.

PP7 Special Issue/Silenced PP7 (Walther PPK)
Needs to stay, obviously.

KF7 Soviet (Kalashnikov AK-47)
As the "47" implies, this was already invented at the time of the film. I love the model used in the final version, but maybe we can try recreating the old one for this project.

Klobb (Skorpion vz. 61)
Again, the name gives it away; it was invented in 1961. The Klobb is almost too iconic to replace, anyway.

ZMG (9mm) (UZI)
Bit of a conundrum, I already replaced it since it was a good fit for the MP40, but this thing is a lot older than I thought! It was invented in 1948. We might want to keep it and tweak another weapon's magazine for the MP40.

Shotgun (Remington 870)
Invented in 1951, and I think GE has one of the most unique-looking shotguns of any game. I'd hate to see this go.

Moonraker Laser
I see no good reason to replace this. It doesn't need to appear in the solo missions, but maybe we'll keep it as a cheat?

Watch Laser
We'll probably find a use or two for this in the missions.

Golden Gun
The golden gun should not be removed, even though we have the golden magnum.

Grenade Launcher
According to the IMFDB page, this might be a Milkor MGL, which wasn't invented. If need be, we can model a new GL, but we definitely want one in the project.

Rocket Launcher
I'd like to reskin this to look like the RPG-7 it's supposedly based on. So cool.

Hand Grenade
This style of grenade was already in use (we could always replace it with one of those WWII potato mashers...nah).

Mines
All three mines should stay.

---

Weapons Needing Replacement

D5K Deutsche/Silenced D5K (H&K MP5K)
Invented in 1976, however, the normal MP5 was out in '66, so we may be able to get away with keeping these.

RC-P90 (FN P90)
Sadly, yes, it wasn't invented. Maybe keep it in as a cheat-only weapon?

Automatic Shotgun (Franchi SPAS-12)
I'm not convinced this is actually the auto shotgun, but I'll trust the page. Invented in 1979.

Silver/Gold PP7
Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather see some cool new extra weapons instead of keeping these.

Taser
Yeah, I don't even want to consider keeping this.

---

Note that just about all of these will need new first person models. Third I'm sure we can do, but first might be a bit tricky. I'm hoping we can do it though, these are some really cool weapons. I've always liked GE's first person models; they might be low-poly, but they're really nice looking. I hope we can match them.

---

One last thing, should we give all of these fictional names, or just go with the real names? I've given it a lot of thought, and personally, I'm leaning towards the latter. This is a not-for-profit fan project that's already technically using a lot of copyrights without permission. I think we can get away with using the real names. I'd like to see all weapons use them, though, not just the new ones.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the KF7 should go through a slight model change. Kinda like a mix between the beta and the final version. I think we should definitely keep the ZMG, I love that gun ha. I'm for using the real names, but maybe like abbreviating them or shortening them, for aesthetic purposes. Instead of "Picked up M1911A1", which doesn't look all that nice, it could be "Picked up M19 Pistol". Also, why are first person models still tricky? What don't we know?

And the Klobb is iconic for its terribleness Razz , or at least to me that's why, so maybe if we don't replace it, it can be a cheat weapon but we boost it's damage quite considerably.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing a golden Klobb replace the gold PP7. It wouldn't be too overpowered, since it would retain the awful accuracy.

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Although a golden automatic weapon still might be too much. Bad accuracy or not, a clip of 20 golden bullets will probably hit its target at least once. Maybe give it the damage rating of the magnum, and the ability to shoot through doors, and keep the bad accuracy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: