ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

New Weapons
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, but I think a cheat weapon deserves to be a bit overpowered. Now, if it was going to appear in multi or something, I'd agree, make it a silver Klobb instead.

(For people clicking into this thread and got taken to this page, I wrote a huge post about weapons on page 1, so check it out. I've missed posts because of new pages before, wanted to make sure everyone sees it.)

Camaro
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, as a cheat that'd be fine. I guess I was thinking multi subconsciously.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd actually prefer it if we'd come up with fictional names for the weapons. It'd keep it feeling a little bit more like GoldenEye. Once a weapon is finalized, a naming contest should be created. When we've chosen the name, the person who came up with it should be listed somewhere in the credits.

Great looking list, DB. I need to work some more on the first-person Golden Magnum model, as my original attempts weren't quite as good as they could be. Even the prop version may see some improvement.

Oh, did anybody mention that Oddjob's bowler hat should be made a weapon? It could act like a Throwing Knife. You'd only get the one, and the damage rate would be incredibly high. It'd be a one-hit kill weapon, which can be recollected after using. Might only make it into one or two missions, but could be made a cheat option to have in all levels.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just went back and redid the Golden Magnum G~Z model. Since I've been learning a little more about the weapons and the silver / gold textures, I was able to fix it. It looks quite a bit better than before, I think. Only thing left to correct on the model are the two interior textures that make up the inside where the bullets go. They'll need to be tinted a more gold-like colour. Shouldn't be hard to adjust.

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jesus Christ, Wreck is the man with the Golden Gun!
Awesome job, I love it so far!

monkeyface

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spot-on! Nicely done. Also, didn't see Dragonsbretheren's list until now. I'd really like to know what kind of changes are possible That we can change the "world-model" and texture is apparent, but how about the first-person model?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With my current knowledge of first-person weapon models, I'd say it might be easier to make them for PD. In GoldenEye, the model is split into many different parts. In Perfect Dark, the classic GoldenEye weapons (or at least the pistols) seem to be merged into one piece. PD also doesn't require the hand, since it's located in the Ghand~Z files. How you setup the parts in GE, I'm not totally sure. There's also the moving parts, such as the hammer or slide, that need animating. It'll take time to figure it out, but I'm sure we'll be able to get custom weapons going eventually.

The Golden Magnum is a modification of the GrugerZ first-person model, but only slightly. It's mainly just swapping out the silver texture for the gold, and updating some indice commands to match.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Personaly I have always thought it would have been better to use the real names ofd weapons, AK and PPK being prime examples.

With the weapons I also think the ammo should be real to the gun too. I know in Goldeneye there is 9mm and 7.62mm (+ specials) that fit pistols and rifles, However in a simgle level there is usualy a promonant type of weapon anyway so I think it would be better that the Ak uses 7.62, PPK-7.56, .303-.303 m16-5.56(I think) etc

I also read that the thomson's used by the military got rid of their drums due to weight issues.

Trev

radorn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Recently I've been examining gun models from both games after I was requested to make an example gun model for wreck to test importing them, and while doing that I have found some facts about them.

First and most important one is about dimensions:
Each ingame units in the gun models seems to equal to 1 milimeter in real world measures. I deducted this by looking at models dimensions and comparing to real world guns.
Stick to this or guns will look either too big or too small.

I will also try to give statistics on number of tris used by Rare's gun models. but that'll be later.

I take the opportunity to claim the MP40
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Goldfinger#MP40

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unless someone models a more accurate golden magnum, here are the files for the reskinned / recoloured Cougar. They both use textures that already exist in the normal GoldenEye ROM, so you can just inject them as-is.

http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/misc/gf64/weapons/GgoldenrugerZ.bin
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/misc/gf64/weapons/PchgoldenmagnumZ.bin

Note: the colouring of the prop model is a little off. This was done when my Photoshop colour index was screwy, which made it hard to try and match anything. If necessary, I can try to modify it again when the time comes.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This might start to get you excited...

Still throws throwing knives and wrong ammo indicator but it's a start.

oldyz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
This might start to get you excited...

Still throws throwing knives and wrong ammo indicator but it's a start.

Ollllloooooooooooooooooooooo
Good , i see that the characters are even wearing them-
and if i'm not mistaken , from the pic it seems that
Oldyz's theory about moving the "hat" object from the hand to the head (to make it seem like they wear it)
was not even necessary at all OR you guys found a better way -

One thing, Hats replacing Knives does not seem so bad under the context of The Goldfinger game -
For Goldeneye the hat is more of a bonus for Oddjobb users.
But in Goldfinger it seems well for it to be a general weapon.

TWO THING
within the single player adventure, the hat must pretty much be available ONLY AFTER killing Oddjobb - (also finishing the level where this takes place should unlock the "hats" cheat so it is usable in all levels)

Oldyz is on the Momomorning commute - teaching punks a lesson or two

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just thought Id post a link to the current working list of guns and gadgets that Sub and I are working on.

Its subject to change but I'm thinking its nearly done.

I have however re-read the first post and am now torn about skorpion (KenLOBB ) and whether to keep or not.
It really is a bad weapon but a good point about its iconicisy...

The list has also been done as realistic as possible since I'm into this sort of thing and others maybe aren't so. Razz

Heh, I also wanted to say the point about models being difficult is now void Razz
I have done the M14 and Sub realised that Importing wasn't as difficult as he thought Smile

http://fgfc.ddns.net/goldfinger/GE_GF_GF64_gunlist.htm

Trev

Last edited by Trevor on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Trev, why do your links never work for me!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hate the klobb - it has no value, I want it gone :p

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: