ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Reference: Rogue Agent...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reference: Rogue Agent... Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure how many of you here have played "GoldenEye: Rogue Agent" before, but your travels take you to Goldfinger's lair. I believe the artist's used reference materials from the film while constructing certain areas. Perhaps it could be helpful for whoever ends up modelling the map that takes place in this environment.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried it on my DS, but I found it horrible. I could not pass the first level. When I reached what I thought was the end, the bomb exploded somehow and I don't even know what I did. The way to that stupid end was soooooo boring and generic that I did not bother playing any more.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree that the gameplay was terrible. However, some of the settings (ones based on locations featured in Bond films) were done pretty well. I figured it might give some inspiration to modellers here. Either what to do, or what not to do. Depends on the person, I suppose.

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I played the DS version, and I believe I had just gotten to Goldfinger's lair when I threw it down in disgust. The guards had access to what was essentially the golden gun - a rifle that kills in one shot - and you had to memorize the location of every single guard to get through the place. I barely remember it anymore, though.

HackBond

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the PS2 version and I could not get past Hoover Dam

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

monkeyface

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Holy hell, that was awful. The bomb that explodes is a part of a simulation, and is a convoluted way of saying "you finished the level."

I died on the second level, from enemy fire while HIDING BEHIND A WALL. The music was driving me insane, the AI would stay still while I hid behind a wall they saw me go behind, the missions are completely linear with an arrow pointing you to the right direction, the enemies are ugly grunts with no character in either visuals, voices or animations, the level interaction is extremely superficial and boring and WHAT'S THE POINT of being a bad guy when all you do is shooting grunts and going to checkpoints? You could just as well play as Bond, hell, you could just as well play as anyone, shouldn't the missions and style of execution define the character you're playing?

The level design is okay, I guess, didn't notice it that much since I was blinded with rage. It was a little too linear perhaps. The Xbox/PS2/Gamecube versions may be better, but to make it clear, DO NOT TAKE ANY INSPIRATION FROM THE DS VERSION. It's for your own safety.

I'll see if I can find the other versions.

radorn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll try to find a save and look at the rest of levels, and use lots of cheats, of course, because no way I'm playing through the game xD.

EDIT: OK, I tried again but I just can't stand the absolute horror this game is.
gameplay is absolutelly dull and disgusting, the stupidity of having a mission where the inevitable objective is to fail is just dumb, and it doesn't get better after that. The music is ABSOLUTELLY HIDEOUS (DS version, don't know about the others) and gets to my nerves.

Wreck, please, if there's something really worth to see, show it to us somehow and free us from this torture. I'm begging on my knees.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe. Razz
I actually sold off my GameCube copy of Rogue Agent many moons ago. There really wasn't anything to draw me back to it, as the replay value was non-existent. It'd be like getting hit in the head with a claw-hammer, then deciding to do it again three days later. I just remember them having Goldfinger's lair in it, is all. I really don't know if it'd be of any use to anyone attempting to model the level, but I did want to bring it up, just incase.

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hehe. Razz
I actually sold off my GameCube copy of Rogue Agent many moons ago. There really wasn't anything to draw me back to it, as the replay value was non-existent. It'd be like getting hit in the head with a claw-hammer, then deciding to do it again three days later. I just remember them having Goldfinger's lair in it, is all. I really don't know if it'd be of any use to anyone attempting to model the level, but I did want to bring it up, just incase.

In the GC version, can you replay finished levels?
in the DS version, they did something really stupid. I downloaded a completed save, but you can't select past missions. When I slected the completed slot, it would show me the ending scene and that's it. If I wanted to play anything I'd have to start a new game from the start. And after passing the first level I was sent to the second mission upon selecting the slot, no chance to replay the first level. STUPID.

I guess I'll have to look into YT and other video sites in hopes of finding a martyr who's recorded the level for us xD.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Emulate the game and make save states
Wink

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't get your point, fantsu

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

me neither
Laughing
actually it was an answer to the problem that you cant return to previous levels in the DS game.

Very Happy

radorn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh, I see, but that would not solve the problem of having to play throught the game first to reach them.
Also, I'm not playing under emulation, but on real hardware, and my flashcard doesn't have the ability to do save states (or "real time saving", as they are normally called).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could choose from any unlocked (and completed) missions in the GameCube version, but that's only if you actually wanted to play any of them again... Rolling Eyes

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm gonna try and have the emulated version....sold my Rouge agent cuz it seriously sucked balls

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Goldfinger 64 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: