ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Biggest Goldeneye tourney ever.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_mcdonald
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Biggest Goldeneye tourney ever. Reply with quote Back to top

--

Last edited by r_mcdonald on Sun May 23, 2010 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Commandant
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck getting 32-64 people to put $50 in...

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Commandant wrote:
Good luck getting 32-64 people to put $50 in...

Commandant states it right. Plus I doubt we have 32 active players able to set up games on Muppen, do we ? Surprised

I like the idea of a tourney but this would involve too much work and effort. Smile

r_mcdonald wrote:
think I am unbeatable in multi-player

I also thought I was very talented until I started playing against Oxidice and the cool guys at #GoldenEyeOnline. Razz

flopperr999
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Might be a bit difficult to get going. The last "formal" tournament simply ended because the 4 or so finalists couldn't set up matches because of time differences. And players may not be too keen on sending a stranger $50 dollars. Also, even Mupen64k ++ 0.1.3.12 Beta can lag and cause desynch, making for even more problems. Perhaps a more plausible scenario would be to hold the tournament live, with say 8 / 16 players.

r_mcdonald
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

--

Last edited by r_mcdonald on Sun May 23, 2010 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total

fantsu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would be in, but the money thing is too much.
Laughing

Also most of the players are from US, and I have been playing against them, but the lags and technical problems from playing another side of the globe make it uneven.

r_mcdonald
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

--

gri007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmm we already have alot of contacts....welll gemaster does but i aint seen him around in forever.....LOST?...BUSY?...I JUST DONT KNOw...but ne ways he has a format setup and everthing and i think that would be our best route for a tournement...thats just what i think...peace gri007

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to do an in-person one for that but online the dropouts, time, lag, controller types, etc, just not fair

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also, $50 is totally different to the UK people (like me and Comm) $50 = £47 So exchange differences are a drawback too

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

r_mcdonald
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

--

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just like too say i would be keen but i live in new zealand soo that will not be too good for me. ill have to get mupen up n running again tho

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be nice to get a big tournament going but i'm afraid theres no way of it happening. 32 players is not going to happen or Commandant will end up eating his hat.

It can be rather hard to get into contact to with opponents and agree on time for matchups and stuff.

Kaillera is a bit too laggy especially with longer distances between players and therefore P2P conneciton would be only good option for serious games.

And also I have to ask about some of your rules

LTK seems to be very popular among US players and on kailerra, but people I play with dont really like it nor do we play it often, but if most people prefer it I wouldn't mind it.

Any Character? Oddjob at least should not be allowed and IMO also female characters shouldn't be allowed since they get even more advantage in LTK because their normal disadvantage, bigger heads, get negated when headshots don't matter in LTK.

Sight Off?

I still would like to see this kind of tournament happening but I'm not too optimistic about it. And r_mcdonald you say you haven't played a lot online, I suggest you might want to play with some regular online players, if youre intrested you can join #Goldeneyeonline live chat, usually there are some regulars at channel who might be up for games.

r_mcdonald
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

--

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

r_mcdonald wrote:
LTK is popular among everyone I play with as well as most of the games recorded games I've seen. I figured there should be one standard b/c if two people match up who want different scenarios and will not budge, what happens then? If you can agree with your opponent though on switching to Normal for your round...

Ideally, for a tournament, every game type would be played. I'm not a LTK fan unless it's using slappers only!, throwing knives, or pistols. It's just not very fun with any of the other weapon sets for me.

r_mcdonald wrote:

As for the Oddjob/female question, I guess if people hate it we could we could ban them. But I think being a great player is to be able to adjust to your opponent. One friend recently started using Oddjob and it took me like three minutes to adjust with Trevelyan. That's my reasoning for leaving most options so open. At any time you can face any character in any level with any weapon, so you -have- to be good at everything.

Agreed, I have no problem adjusting for Oddjob players, likely because two of the friends I used to play with would always go for him. Remember that Oddjob players also have a disadvantage getting headshots (unlike female character players, whose POV floats above their heads). I think games start getting pretty lame when you start banning things (at the same time they also get lame when you have something clearly broken available...I don't these characters are that broken, though).

r_mcdonald wrote:

We can also debate on Sight but I think that's a copout too. What kind of handgun has crosshairs? For stuff like snipers obviously it would be on. But whatever, if I am out numbered on something we can adjust.

I have no problem with Sight ON. Wreck and I always used to play with sights on but auto-aim off. Using the sight just puts you at a disadvantage 99% of the time in multiplayer, but having it available for that 1% is probably a good idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: