ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Biggest Goldeneye tourney ever.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxidice
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can see your point reqarding Oddjob and female characters and well I'm not too bothered with people using them, but I just think they have advantage at least in LTK mode.

But yeah using sight most of the time is not too good idea, but sometimes it is and I think its standard to have it on. It's also only option avaible in NGPA rom too.

About LTK once more, what you think of idea if structure for matches would be that best of out three matches is winner of the round? That way first match could be presetted as LTK matchup and then after game loser chooses either normal or LTK.

Also I'd like to point out just in case some people aren't aware that there is newer version of P2P client than one in default mupen download. Here's link for it: http://kaillera.movsq.net/?p=2

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've used the sight a few times to nail somebody with the Golden Gun. The crosshairs aren't a huge help, once you know how to control the weapon. ON or OFF shouldn't really affect the match, unless using rifles (to some extent). It depends entirely on the player and their familiarity with the game.

I also don't care much for LTK mode. It can be loads of fun in Slappers Only! and Throwing Knives matches, but not when somebody is spraying RC-P90 rounds everywhere, or planting tons of Proxies all over the map. I far prefer setting the health to -4 Veteran.

Ah, the good old days of playing online. Even though I was stuck using a keyboard, I still did pretty well.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

r_mcdonald
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

--

Last edited by r_mcdonald on Sun May 23, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Download the NGPA Edition IPS patch here.

The NGPA edition provides dratic changes (in the good way) in gameplay. First, auto-aiming is strictly blocked, you can't switch this setting. Secondly it offers the "Dr No" code that removes body armors. You can also use new weapon packs offering new experiences and use never-used weapons in multiplayer before. You can also benefit from new chars (Bond outfits) and multiple OddJobs and Jaws. Smile

As for myself, I'll probably play if the brackets ain't completed, which is most likely going to be the case. Razz

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

were would i get this patcher thing, the NGPAâ„¢ Edition 1.0 IPS file

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Entropy Soldier
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

either the goldeneye setup editor (here: http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=37), or an ips patcher.

TimEh
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lets just rent some conference room at a hotel and hold the tourny in person. id drop a hundred bucks and fly out somewhere. A face to face match on the real system is whats needed. a money game cross the internet wouldnt work out so well id imagine. Many companies like to pitch prizes and such for events like these. Its just a matter of setting it up and gettin people to come. hell, ill host this up here in canada if anyones able to reach the toronto area. With 755 members on this site, and thousands of more goldeneye enthusiests(i just butcherd that word) im sure of a decent turnout for a yearly goldeneye tourny lan. I guesss ill see from the posts here what your thoughts on this idea is.

(side note)
Many people i talk to, now that ive started doin custom crap for this game, all tell me how sick they were at this game andhow they remember dominating it back in the day. For the most part i think its there memory being distorted, but the fact is that goldeneye was the ultimate fps for a console. Imma fps guy myself, but people that never played fps, hell people that never even played video games knew goldeneye and loved it, and spent many a nights playing multi. (and all for some reason think theyre badass at it, which only a tourniment would prove the champ)

so id love to host something like this. weither it ends up being 4 people on one tv all night or a turnup of hundreds. either way i think it would be a good weekend of partyin and gamming. and if there is any old school game worth holding a tournament over it is GE. Screw quake-con, bring on the G-Con

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the two of us (TimEh and I) are probably only a few hours away from eachother. I'd have to check out the distance online to be sure. But a real, console based GoldenEye tournament would be really awesome. I don't even care to win, because the game is just a thrill to play anytime you can. In victory or defeat, I still find time to smile and laugh. Tell me how many other games out there are like that?

r_mcdonald
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

--

Last edited by r_mcdonald on Sun May 23, 2010 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guess no one's in PA/NJ/NY area? I'd perhaps be willing to travel, but it'd have to be something special.

r_mcdonald
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

--

Last edited by r_mcdonald on Sun May 23, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

fantsu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

health -10!
Very Happy

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I feel as though Health -4 (Veteran) is one of the more realistic damage settings in the game. Pretty much any headshot spells instant death, but limb hits don't knock you down too far. It makes aiming for the head that much more satisfying and rewarding.

And I'm really not a fan of body armour, either. People just keep rushing back to it, even during a heated battle. It only prolongs a death, taking away from the thrill. Slowly draining an opponents health and watching them acquire a fresh vest is irritating, to say the least. Any chance I have to remove it from the map, I'll take.

r_mcdonald
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

--

Last edited by r_mcdonald on Sun May 23, 2010 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Yurei
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about the US players but we, europeans, play on EmuLinker's Server, for, of course, 3/4 players games. We use a P2P connection for 2 players games. :>

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: